About shipping packages (USPS) on holidays.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, on days that the USPS is closed like 1/2/2017, could I drop my package off as I ordered the shipment date for that date?

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, on days that the USPS is closed like 1/2/2017, could I drop my package off as I ordered the shipment date for that date?
The building will be closed with no staff. You can't drop it off when no one's there.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The building will be closed with no staff. You can't drop it off when no one's there.
When I ordered it online, it allowed me to have the shipment date to 1/02/17. Is it OK if I go to the post office a day later to ship it due to holidays?

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I ordered it online, it allowed me to have the shipment date to 1/02/17. Is it OK if I go to the post office a day later to ship it due to holidays?

I'm not super familiar with usps policies, but I'm sure if it wasn't normally okay, that they'd make an exception when clearly the website should not have allowed you to choose a closed day as the day of shipment.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not super familiar with usps policies, but I'm sure if it wasn't normally okay, that they'd make an exception when clearly the website should not have allowed you to choose a closed day as the day of shipment.
OK thanks for the info.

Btw I see you "everywhere".

Reactions: x65943

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The actual post office location isn't the only way to drop off packages, USPS (like all mail carriers nowadays) have drop-off boxes, third party locations that will take mail/packages and deliver them to the post office etc.

The actual ship date isn't really important, as long as you're not shipping it weeks after the ship date you chose it won't matter.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The actual post office location isn't the only way to drop off packages, USPS (like all mail carriers nowadays) have drop-off boxes, third party locations that will take mail/packages and deliver them to the post office etc.

The actual ship date isn't really important, as long as you're not shipping it weeks after the ship date you chose it won't matter.
That's good to know. So I could pile up more packages to ship and then go to the Post office tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?