About Region and Language changing on JPN consoles

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by NikkoKozukata, Feb 27, 2016.

1. NikkoKozukata
    OP

NikkoKozukata Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    So I managed to change the language of Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's Woolly World

NOTE: no matter what Region your WUD is, some games (Like I mentioned above) contains all the REGION files needed to boot the game whatever region your Wii U is,

Mario Kart 8 how to change language:
    1. go to content/ui/ee and copy all .mbst files there (do not copy .szs file this causes Encryption DSI occurred!!)
    2. go to content/ui/jp and paste the .mbst files(from the ee folder) here
    3. You're good to go. the game will boot normally

Yoshi's Wooly World how to change language:
    1. go to content/message/US_English then copy the 2 .mbst files
    2, go to content/message/JP_Japanese then replace the 2 .mbst files with the ones you copied
    3. go to content/font/US copy all files then paste to content/font/JP replace all files
    4. go to content/font/USEU copy the font01.bffnt then paste to content/font/JP replace the font01.bffnt with the one you copied from USEU folder
    5. You're good to go. the game will boot with the Japanese logo but the text will all be ENG

SO I noticed that in Super Mario 3d World that it has the same format the .mbst and .szs files in the region folder maybe that's why renaming the UsEn and US_en still don't make the game boot on JPN consoles because it needs the JAP version of the .szs files in order to boot

SO PLEASE SOMEONE SEND ME THE JPN version of LuigiBros and LocalizedData folder so that I can play SMB3dW

Last edited by NikkoKozukata, Feb 27, 2016
    Kafluke likes this.
  2. dead pixel

dead pixel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2015
    Hey thanks for posting you findings about the games you got to work in english on a japanese console.
    Helped me out a lot. Just need to figure out how to play Hyrule Warriors in english now

3. NikkoKozukata
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    You're welcome
    so I got my SMB3DW working by renaming UsEn folder to JpJa not JpJp
    and USA_en folder to JAP_ja not JPN_jp or JAP_jp

P.S. They blocked my IP on the wiki loadiine compatibility list I just change the regions that i confirmed working on jpn consoles that they thought are working only on USA/EUR consoles and note how to :cry::sad:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I would help you out on Hyrule Warriors after I download it

Last edited by NikkoKozukata, Mar 1, 2016
  4. dead pixel

dead pixel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2015
    Excellent work and thanks again. But why did they block your ip add on wiki loadiine when youre being so helpful?
    Anyone on here have the power to change that??

5. NikkoKozukata
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    They had unblocked me:D

6. dead pixel

dead pixel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2015
    Nice. :yayu: