About playing FPS (mostly CoD4) on 360, will you get used to it finall

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by test84, Sep 10, 2009.

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,

I'm gonna buy a PC just for CoD4 because of two reasons:

1-after playing CoD4 on 360 for some days, I still have the problem of not getting used to the aiming system, did you get used to it and can play it like mouse and keyboard?

2- Is there anyway to force 360 version of CoD4 to use servers that are in my area to get better pings? It usually connects me to US servers which are far away from me and thus I get bad pings.

tnx.

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    1) You will get used to it, and get a lot better with time. Most console players can't and probably will never be able to keep up with good PC players however if you turn your sensitivity up to something higher (default is 2; turn it up to like 4-7) you be able to react faster to enemys and stuff.

2) No you can't. I lag a lot too connecting to US servers.

3. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    1) Thats what I did, I really love this game but I feel that the controller is an invisible wall there that doesn't let me play. I see the guy but I can't aim on him : ( thats why I'm thinking of selling the 360 and buying a PC for these reasons:

A- I can choose best pings on PC, which I can't on the 360
    B- There is no ban on PC.
    C- I can play with mouse and keyboard.

What do you think? Do you enjoy it now? even if you have lags with the console. Do you feel comfy now?

2) Is there a way to make it force to choose my local servers? I changed "locale" to UK in hope that it chooses UK servers but I still hear US accent in the game and bad ping.

3) Aside from these, do you have any advice to make things better? both on the connection and the game?

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    The controller is the biggest barrier for me too.

I used to frequently get scores like 25 kills 0 death in 5:5 public servers of Counter Strike with keyboard and mouse

But even playing single player on a console gives me major headache

I usually play with low sensitivity and make big movements of the mouse when necessary, but with controller sticks there's a limit so I have to sacrifice either the accuracy or the fast turns.

Or if I keep playing for like a decade I might be at a level where I'll actually enjoy the controllers for FPS =P