About Mr. Satoru Iwata

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Did the doctors do everything they could to keep Mr. Iwata from passing away? It feels as though he should be here (like many others) but he isn't. :(

Like a lady (she couldn't read but was a pleasant old lady) was at a cemetery (I was there to 'see' my granddad) spending some time with their long gone husband and sons, she was right, death doesn't choose when to take away, it just happens. Better to live life in some enjoyable way than to work all life and not have much or at all.

RIP all innocent people that have died this year and every other.

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Japan has one of the best ranked healthcare systems in the world and I'm sure Nintendo has top notch healthcare benefits for its employees, especially for someone as high ranking as Iwata was I'm sure. Unfortunately when your time is up; it's up. Time will help but the dead should not be forgotten :)

3. Muffins

Muffins Banned

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Mirrors
    Yes.

Unfortunately, cancer is one of those horrible, horrible things that even the finest, most elegant healthcare system in the world still struggles against.

Far too many are the lives it has claimed, and far more will succumb. it's a heartbreaking reality.

Last edited by Muffins, Nov 30, 2015
    Tomato Hentai and Jack_Sparrow like this.
  4. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Aw thanks. :(

5. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    People really need to get over him dying.

It was tragic, but thousands of people die every day. it's life, shit happens. Time to move on.

6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I am sorry to hear about him dying but he is not only important people as well. A thousand of people who are lowly and less important like you and me deserve to be mourn and we are still important people and to remember by too. Not only him or any importance so-called people, you know.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Dec 1, 2015
    Jack_Sparrow likes this.
  7. Lucar

Lucar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2015
    Canada
    RIP Mr. Iwata.

We will all miss you, and I will continue to be extremely pissed off that none of the possible cures for cancer that have been found aren't being developed.

Jack_Sparrow likes this.
  8. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    I think it was difficult for him to not be bed ridden and be president at the same time. Sure he had a terminal illness but it never stopped him from doing his crazy stunts on direct. I guess if he wanted to go, he wanted to do it with a bang. That way everyone remembers him for the whacky, innovative gaming president that we all love, especially with his "please understand".

In the end he went loved by all who supported his dreams rather than leave being pitied.

Jack_Sparrow likes this.
  9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    "Money can't buy life." - Bob Marley
    Even with the best health care in the world and most money spent on it, there's only so much people can do. Obviously Nintendo did everything they could do and most likely he got a lot more time added to his life, but at the end of the day, there was still only so much doctors could do to prolong his life.
    Honestly, there's nothing we can do now, but remember this great man for his life. He will always be missed.

10. Muffins

Muffins Banned

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Mirrors
    Well said.

Jack_Sparrow likes this.
  11. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Here's a video retrospective of his life. Very well done.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.