Gaming About HDDs and USB Enclosures for WiiU

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong place. Not sure where'd it fit, I just need help with it.

I have a 500GB HDD(Seagate) I want to use on my WiiU, and I have an old WD MyBook USB enclosure that used to have a 1TB drive in it(which is now internal in the computer). I've tried getting that to work with the 500GB HDD, and it never gets past the "checking" screen on the WiiU. Is it just WD enclosures being incompatibile with Seagate? That's what I thought at first.

So now I'm shopping around online for an enclosure, and I'm noticing they all have an "OS requirement". Is that why these aren't working? Because they require a stinkin OS?

Which leads me to my question. Anyone know of a decent USB enclosure that'd work on a WiiU?

http://www.amazon.com/Macally-G-S35...25&keywords=120gb+powered+external+hard+drive
I'm looking at this one, but because of the stupid OS requirements, I'm very iffy on it.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've tried myself some too but none of them seem to work. I think it can only be donde with an actual HDD/USB

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every USB HDD enclosure I've tried works just fine with the Wii U, provided it's self powered or has a Y-cable. I've even tried different drives in them. I wouldn't put it past HDD manufacturers to make their enclosures incompatible with other brands or even drives other than the one they shipped with. Check the MyBook enclosure with the Seagate drive in it on your computer if you haven't already and if it doesn't work there you'll have your answer. The answer being either your enclosure broke since you last used it or it requires specific drives. System requirements beyond USB specifications are meaningless on USB HDD enclosures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte