Hacking About Emunand on SD and formatting it

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys, i got emunand on this MicroSD but it's my mom's one and she wants it back, if i format it i'll lose the emunand? or i can just drag and drop everything to another one and it's okay? (Gateway)

Depends which operating system you are using.

If it is a pretty big SD card (more then 4gb), i would just delete everything you can see in the folder.
Emunand will still be on there, and whenever you need it, you just ask the sd card, put the launcher.dat on it, and you can use it.
If you want to remove emunand you need a partition manager(as far as i know), most operating systems don't delete the emuNAND partition with the standart format option.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, i got emunand on this MicroSD but it's my mom's one and she wants it back, if i format it i'll lose the emunand? or i can just drag and drop everything to another one and it's okay? (Gateway)

You need to use win32diskimager to retrieve all of your data, since the emuNAND partition is hidden in the SD card, you just can't copy like drag and drop. Also, if you formatt, yes, you will lose everything.

Just backup an image of that SD card using the tool I mentioned above, then use it again to restore it to another SD card.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

AdowTatep

OP
Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to use win32diskimager to retrieve all of your data, since the emuNAND partition is hidden in the SD card, you just can't copy like drag and drop. Also, if you formatt, yes, you will lose everything.

Just backup an image of that SD card using the tool I mentioned above, then use it again to restore it to another SD card.

But it just burns an image on a SD isn't? i installed it and it just asks me an image, there isn't an option to create one first :(

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But it just burns an image on a SD isn't? i installed it and it just asks me an image, there isn't an option to create one first :(
You pressed the wrong button.
Choose where you want to save it (it will say Open but just ignore that) and press Read.

If the new SD is smaller than the old one, you will have problems restoring the image. If it's bigger, you can resize the FAT32/ExFAT partition afterwards to fill up the remaining space.
Alternatively you can use EmuNAND Tool to backup the emunand on the SD, copy all the other files from it, then format emuNAND on the new SD before using EmuNAND Tool to restore the backup and copying all the files back on.

AdowTatep

OP
Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You pressed the wrong button.
Choose where you want to save it (it will say Open but just ignore that) and Press Read.

I open it and this is the only thing that appear to me :ohnoes:

802bcc2b1d.png

I can't press any button, just select an image file, this is the first and only window that open here

Edit:
Oohh, i had to select where to save? I think i did it. Because when i clicked the blue folder icon, the button was "open" and not "select" so i thought i had to open an image, but when i gave it a name and pressed open i could press the read button

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded