Hacking About emunand 3dslink

lx6lReZo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a 3Dslink(3.0 launcher right now,with no emunand partition) i want to play retail pokemon cartigde from my own region.
Ive read that emunand isnt stable and can cause bricks with that launcher,assuming i just want emunand for play pokemon,it is safe? Or maybe, ill should use mt launcher to do emunand and play retail? In that case,should I get 2 SD,for emunad and the other with my current launcher?
Ty in advance

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be Very careful when updating emuNAND. The best way to do it is this:

1) Backup your entire SD Card
2) Put 3dsLink 3.0 on the SD Card
3) Run the exploit, and select "Format Emunand"
4) Wait for it to finish

From here, there are two ways to do this. One is the "reccomended" way, which will update your emuNAND to 7.1.0-16. If you do this, you won't be able to access emuNAND system settings.
The other way is to try and do it from a retail cartridge. I'm pretty sure this will work, but I have no idea. I would go ahead and do what I describe below (which is option 1).

5) Select "Gateway Mode" (first option, might have been renamed to be 3DSLink mode or something)
6) Launch system settings. On the top screen in the bottom right corner should be GW3D 4.X.X-XX

Do NOT exit system settings now!

7) Go to other settings, then the last page, then select system update. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE GW3D!
8) Wait for the update to complete. Once it is done, the system will go back to your real NAND.
9) Run the exploit again, and select "Classic Mode".
10) Provided it didn't crash, you should now be on Ver. 7.1.0-16! Entering the system settings, eshop, or miiverse will not work.
11) Put in your retail cart and play.

I hope this was clear. Good luck!

lx6lReZo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
be Very careful when updating emuNAND. The best way to do it is this:

1) Backup your entire SD Card
2) Put 3dsLink 3.0 on the SD Card
3) Run the exploit, and select "Format Emunand"
4) Wait for it to finish

From here, there are two ways to do this. One is the "reccomended" way, which will update your emuNAND to 7.1.0-16. If you do this, you won't be able to access emuNAND system settings.
The other way is to try and do it from a retail cartridge. I'm pretty sure this will work, but I have no idea. I would go ahead and do what I describe below (which is option 1).

5) Select "Gateway Mode" (first option, might have been renamed to be 3DSLink mode or something)
6) Launch system settings. On the top screen in the bottom right corner should be GW3D 4.X.X-XX

Do NOT exit system settings now!

7) Go to other settings, then the last page, then select system update. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE GW3D!
8) Wait for the update to complete. Once it is done, the system will go back to your real NAND.
9) Run the exploit again, and select "Classic Mode".
10) Provided it didn't crash, you should now be on Ver. 7.1.0-16! Entering the system settings, eshop, or miiverse will not work.
11) Put in your retail cart and play.

I hope this was clear. Good luck!
ty for explain it so clear ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.