Hacking About Castlevania Portrait of Ruins

Vania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've heard many topics in the past about the freeze problem in this game, and that you must buy class 6 A-DATA or Transcend micro SD in order to play this game perfectly, I also read that AKAIO team fixed the problem in their 1.5 firmware.
So is the freeze problem really gone?

Soon I'm going to own AK 2i and DSi (XL probably), only that's left is a micro SD.
I'm planning to buy 4 or 8 Sandisk micro SDHC class 2, since it's very cheep, the A-DATA and Transcend ones are very expensive in here.
The main reason to buy the DS is for Castlevania games, so what do you all suggest me to do?

Note: I'm going to buy it from a local market, so please don't tell me to buy it from Newegg, because they are only shipping their products in NA (.....don't look at my flag).

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Castlevania PoR does indeed work fine on AKAIO 1.5. I've finished it on my 1GB Sandisk msd. And btw it didn't work before 1.5, nor did it work on my R4 using the same msd.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should work perfectly with a class 6 transcend, but like others here said AKAIO had some updates to allow the game to run faster. However if you want to play it on other flashcarts it may be recommended to get the class 6 card.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Heres what i noticed on My 8 GB Micro SD i was Always having Crashes and Frezzes but after i order a 16 GB Micro SD i stop having the Crashes and Frezzing on AKAIO 1.5.1

I guess it Depends on the Size or Type of Micro SD

Epitaph13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a loss of why mine still freezes on me. I'm running AKAIO 1.5.1, Transcend MicroSDHC 8gb class 6 on my AK2i. It also froze on me when I was playing Pipe Mania. I haven't tested to many games yet because I just got my cart a couple days ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk