Hacking Able to run modified ISOs and WBFSes on Dolphin emulator, but not on Wii

JEDIPUPPY288

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I homebrewed my Wii yesterday and downloaded New Super Mario Bros. Wii onto a USB drive (tried both NTFS and FAT32) and decided to use Reggie Level Editor to change level 1-1 a bit as a test. I tested it on Dolphin emulator and it worked fine as expected, but when I replaced the original game .wbfs file in the USB drive and loaded it on the Wii it didn't work. I also tried it with a .iso file and again, it worked in Dolphin but the Wii can't load it. Dolphin loads it as expected but the Wii doesn't even reach the part where it tells you to wear your Wiimote straps, it just boots back into the homebrew channel.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I homebrewed my Wii yesterday and downloaded New Super Mario Bros. Wii onto a USB drive (tried both NTFS and FAT32) and decided to use Reggie Level Editor to change level 1-1 a bit as a test. I tested it on Dolphin emulator and it worked fine as expected, but when I replaced the original game .wbfs file in the USB drive and loaded it on the Wii it didn't work. I also tried it with a .iso file and again, it worked in Dolphin but the Wii can't load it. Dolphin loads it as expected but the Wii doesn't even reach the part where it tells you to wear your Wiimote straps, it just boots back into the homebrew channel.

That is because DOLPHIN is an Emulator and "forgives" many Things.
That is also the Reason,why so many "Games/ISO´s" are around which are not working on the real Wii.
And "self modded" Wii Games,which do not adhere 100% to the Specifications of the real Wii are simply not running.:)

For the real Wii you also maybe need some cIOS / Setting Changes in your USBLoader to get it to work.

Thank you.:)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii onto a USB drive (tried both NTFS and FAT32)
Hello,

As @alexander1970 says, you may need to change the CIOS in your game settings.

Then, I would think of another subject ==> why not use an external hard drive in FAT32 ==> you will get better results.

Because very often the USB keys give a black screen or do not start ==> fly over the Wii forum on USB keys and you will notice that people who use a USB key end up opting for an external hard drive and everything works by MIRACLE

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    The younger generation uses mostly TikTok and YouTube, some Instagram. It seems like they don't care so much about social profiles.
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    I just keep it for worthless friends and families that don't do nothing
    Gift
    I have no idea what's happening with all my friends from other places
    Gift
    It's weird people in their mid 50s-20s seems to like social media more than TikTok and YouTube
    Gift
    Unless they get paid to upload videos
    Gift
    I used TikTok a couple of days and got tired
    Gift
    But it's still better than Facebook
    Gift
    One dude here swore I was trolling him on twitch and I never even used it
    Gift
    But that's a thing with social media; it creates an illusion of proximity, when in truth everyone is overwhelmed with all the information and all the social demands in the platforms
    Gift
    And a lot of people are addicted to the phone, checking social media or talking with someone. Some exercise in the gym while being glued to the phone, not even activity takes them away from it
    Gift
    And I was like that too, until I left social media. Now sometimes I'm grabbing my phone, opening the browser and thinking: I've seen everything I wanted to see, I don't have a reason to use the phone. And I put it down
    Gift
    I'd rather look at my phone than sit at a computer 24/7
    Gift
    Funnily when I'm out I hardly use my phone other than checking a message here and there
    Gift
    I'm mostly too busy making sure my neighbor doesn't get himself arrested
    Gift
    This evening two guys were speeding head first into my car in these:
    bolt-announces-a-custom-built-scooter-model-2-1024x536.jpg
    Gift
    I didn't make case, I made my manoeuver to park the car. But I caught them off-guard, the one ahead hit the brakes and had to jump from the scooter. For a second I thought he would go against the car. They were trying to race through a gap they perceived, thinking I was going to always drive forward
    Gift
    I guess they learned a valuable lesson, don't assume that real roads are a playground
    Gift
    I had a woman walk in the middle of the intersection once I was debating on flooring it
    Gift
    In those cases I honk
    Gift
    I need to get my uncle to install a cow horn
    Gift
    Those scooters go 40km/h, and the kids were riding them with no helmets
    Gift
    And trying to make for the gap like they're Millennium Falcon
    Gift
    Annoying can't find any type c to usb adapters in my place at least they're like $3
    Gift
    Sweet found one installing emudeck
    Gift
    Lol stupid ips is blocking rom sites time for a vpn
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Lol stupid ips is blocking rom sites time for a vpn