Able to install HBC, able to downgrade, able to install WADs but can&#

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by apu2009, Nov 2, 2008.

1. apu2009
    OP

apu2009 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Canada
    The forum seems to have cut off the title to the thread. It should say: "Able to install HBC, able to downgrade, able to install WADs but cant install cIOS?

I've been trying to get some cIOS installed but I haven't had much luck [​IMG]

I have some posts in the Backup Launcher 0.3 beta thread, but I don't wanna hijack that with all the issues I've had. Anyway... This is what I've done so far on a 3.3U Wii (updated from the Wii options screen), with no previous cIOS installed:

- Ran the Twilight Princess hack and was able to install HBC beta9.
    - Once HBC was installed, I tried to install Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3 beta, and was unable to run the cIOS installer due to this error message:
    Code:
    ES_AddContentStart(00000001000000f9, ) failed: -1017

install returned -1
    - I then tried to downgrade to a lower version using this post, and was able to downgrade to 3.2U.
    - Retried installing Backup Launcher and got the same error as before.
    - I then tried installing Waninkoko's Custom IOS36 rev 06 and got a -2011 error.
    - Tried to run the Safe Update 3.3 (so I could get the benefits of the 3.3 update without the blocking of stuff) and got this error message:
    Code:
    Download complete. Installing to Title 00000001-00000033...
    1...\:
    ES_AddContentStart(0000000100000033, 0) failed: -1017

install returned -1
    Installation complete!
    Something failed. Sorry.
    - Downgraded to 3.1U and tried installing all the cIOS mentioned previously, and I still got the same error messages.
    - Tried running AnyTitleDeleter and got a bunch of errors, such as this one:
    Code:
    Informing Wii that I am God...Error! ES_Identity (ret = -1017)
    So right now I'm kinda stuck halfway I guess... I can downgrade, I can install WADs, I can run homebrew, but I can't install other cIOSes. I've considered formatting the Wii and starting over, but I'm not even sure that would do anything.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks =)
    Apu

2. gueana

gueana Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
  3. kimikal27

kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 28, 2008
    Galway
    you can try to use ios donwgrader 1.0 and them install the cios that comes whit the wiigators zip,
    i think it the best bet ...
    i add the same error , and this is what saved me

4. apu2009
    OP

apu2009 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2008
    Canada
    Yeah, I just tried the link gueana posted and it worked like a total charm. Everything is working perfectly now [​IMG]. Thanks for the replies guys =D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice