Hacking Able to install HBC, able to downgrade, able to install WADs but can&#

apu2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The forum seems to have cut off the title to the thread. It should say: "Able to install HBC, able to downgrade, able to install WADs but cant install cIOS?

I've been trying to get some cIOS installed but I haven't had much luck
frown.gif

I have some posts in the Backup Launcher 0.3 beta thread, but I don't wanna hijack that with all the issues I've had. Anyway... This is what I've done so far on a 3.3U Wii (updated from the Wii options screen), with no previous cIOS installed:

- Ran the Twilight Princess hack and was able to install HBC beta9.
- Once HBC was installed, I tried to install Wiigator's Backup Launcher 0.3 beta, and was unable to run the cIOS installer due to this error message:
Code:
ES_AddContentStart(00000001000000f9, ) failed: -1017

install returned -1

- I then tried to downgrade to a lower version using this post, and was able to downgrade to 3.2U.
- Retried installing Backup Launcher and got the same error as before.
- I then tried installing Waninkoko's Custom IOS36 rev 06 and got a -2011 error.
- Tried to run the Safe Update 3.3 (so I could get the benefits of the 3.3 update without the blocking of stuff) and got this error message:
Code:
Download complete. Installing to Title 00000001-00000033...
1...\:
ES_AddContentStart(0000000100000033, 0) failed: -1017

install returned -1
Installation complete!
Something failed. Sorry.
- Downgraded to 3.1U and tried installing all the cIOS mentioned previously, and I still got the same error messages.
- Tried running AnyTitleDeleter and got a bunch of errors, such as this one:
Code:
Informing Wii that I am God...Error! ES_Identity (ret = -1017)

So right now I'm kinda stuck halfway I guess... I can downgrade, I can install WADs, I can run homebrew, but I can't install other cIOSes. I've considered formatting the Wii and starting over, but I'm not even sure that would do anything.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks =)
Apu

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can try to use ios donwgrader 1.0 and them install the cios that comes whit the wiigators zip,
i think it the best bet ...
i add the same error , and this is what saved me

apu2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I just tried the link gueana posted and it worked like a total charm. Everything is working perfectly now
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for the replies guys =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol