Suggestion Ability to hide posts

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Oleboy555, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Oleboy555
    OP

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    Sometimes posts get flooded with noobies asking questions which I find annoying, because you cannot find the interesting posts that you want to read.

If there was an option to hide messages permanently (with an option to unhide it ofcourse) you can just hide posts and whenever you want to come back to that post you can read the interesting messages people commented.

an example of a post which i find very interesting: https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxxstation-ds-download-station-exploit.473648/

and there are lots of people contributing to it for example FIX94 made a tool to send roms to your ds but it is being drowned by people asking all sorts of questions. and i find that annoying..

but its probably just me

i hope not

Quantumcat likes this.
  2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Screenshot (116).png
    This button is a thing

3. Oleboy555
    OP

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    I dont want to ignore those people for ever... i want to hide 1 individual post not all of his/hers

4. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    Just don't look at it?

Dionicio3 likes this.
  5. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Filter them out in your brain. I mean, I skim through most posts when looking for something. Also, searching posts is a thing.

Dionicio3 likes this.
  6. Oleboy555
    OP

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    i dont want to look through hunderds of pages to find it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but hey, as i said it is probably just me, i just thought a little hide button wasnt that big of a deal

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    The effort to go through and hide every post is way more than just skimming through as you would have to skim through and then tick 100 tick boxes to hide posts you dislike and those you do like, if there is serial offenders of people who spam up threads with silly questions just ignoring them might be a start for you as you will often notice the same people asking silly questions all over the place

Dionicio3 likes this.
  8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think it would be more effort to hide the posts than to ignore them - those threads usually get less than ten replies so they are gone off the first page after a few days. It's a bit like getting rid of junk mail out of you inbox by individually moving each one to a folder. No sooner have you got rid of some but there's some more.