ABGX 1.0.2 Lite Touch tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by cardyology, Jan 21, 2010.

Jan 21, 2010
  1. cardyology
    OP

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, im currently flashed to lite touch & am going to get playing games tonight.

My probl;em is that i've never used ABGX programme before (i just grabbed my games from Usenet, assuming the m to be 'safe' & only got banned when veryone else did)

Now im on lite touch, i know i have to bite the bullet so to speak & learn how to use it.

I ran an iso (L4D2) through it last night & it seemed to auto correct it, is this .iso now safe to burn & play with lite touch? There is so much info in the output window & i have no clue what 99% of it means.

Can anybody either post a link to a tutorial on using ABGX 1.0.2/what a "safe to use" output looks like?

Will ABGX automagically take care of the SS & split Vid thing for me?

You guys have been a massive help to me so far on here, thanks a million to all of you (armadillo & FAST161, i'm nodding at you guys in general, but everyones help is massively appreciated. )

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    SSv2 is part of a method by which the disc is verified and has become part of how the disc is more accurately emulated, it has to do with angles the security sectors appear at on the disc (think two points on a circle).
    As far as I/everyone else is aware it should not matter as all known discs conform to the same angles (they will not be exact due to the ripping apps/firmwares and the way disc drives work- indeed if you have ever wondered how the scene knows a p2p dupe for isos that have to be "identical" to the real thing this is how they do it).
    If you do want it then uncheck "trust SSv2" under the autofix tab and it will check them, ABGX360 should have a measure of correction capability for this but it was not a priority feature as we do not know if MS even use/target it.

Splitvid was a workaround for older firmwares (ABGX360 has a nice writeup* in the startup tab) and being simple enough many isos will have it already (older not so much) but it seems it has made a return with LT, I am not entirely sure why (I have some working ideas but none I care to share) but it is simple enough to sort.
    Under the misc tab three boxes down, change it to "add it if it does not exist or is not valid". *The help/information section was written before LT was released.

As for what does everything mean this latest banning shock things up a bit* and the following thread is a bit old but still good:
    http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?&topic=2943.0
    An example of how old is "Video Partition" is what later got caught up in and caused game "waves".

*ABGX360 has basic checks but to do full ones it needs to have external data which is only available online. Also see http://abgx360.net/download.html which has example video isos. Generally speaking unless it outright fails then the "looks OK" part is fine.

3. Sefi

Member Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Thanks, you explained SS v2 better than anybody else thus far I've seen. I'm sure lots of people are just wondering what the safer option for being online is, to check or uncheck "trust SS V2". I leave it checked because it's on by default.

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I have my abgx not trust SS v2 angles. I read somewhere else that you only need to worry about them in wave 4 and later games. Not sure if that's right or wrong.

Thankfully the games I have rescanned so far all have a valid splitvid. [​IMG]

5. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help with this.

I tried the L4D2 iso again. I unchecked "trust ssv2 angles" & I chose to add splitvid if it dosnt exist & re-ran the iso through ABGX.

THe only bit that looks bad is a bit of text in yellow that says "video partition does not match know data (could be corrupt or a new wave not seen before: - stealth status is unverified"

Is this anything to worry about? everything else seems to be green & ok.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    L4D was wave 5 if memory serves and it is the only game to have done as such (Army of Two is wave 6), the current ABGX360 was only made with "support" for waves 1 through 4 although it can still check things work.

Go for it.

Also others reading have another take on this whole affair:
    http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?&topic=13854.0

7. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thankyou very much. Burning as we speak [​IMG]

8. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you cant play l4d2 safely because abgx still cannot verify the video partition.
    same for the new army of two

all your games should have ssv2 and splitvid.
    Enable splitvid checking under the 'Misc' tab and choose the first option under the splitvid menu.
    SS version is displayed in the output window, version 1 is unsafe for live.

i dont know about ssv2 angles, i think you should trust them.

9. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well shit, i've played L4D2 a few times.

Eh well, i;ve not been banned yet.

10. codezer0

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    What about MW2?

11. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    cardyology now ban yet?

12. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope [​IMG]

13. ganons

United Kingdom
    so u didnt reburn any of your games? [​IMG]

14. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    I didnt use any of my old games.

Wne my Elite got banned last november I sold it cheap to a buddy & gave him like, 60 backups I;d collected over the years.

The only things i;ve used in my lite touch are a retail MW2, Left4Dead2 (which I downloaded & checked the .iso with ABGX before burning & playing) & a copy of borderlands which again, I checked with ABGX before burning.

Not banned lolz.

15. ganons

United Kingdom