Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Miles said:
I nearly turned the game off.
I know one of the translators is an SA Goon (and probably a /b/tard as well by the looks of it) but this is unacceptable.
PW2 also had dumb things like referencing that "That's not mud.." meme and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air Lyrics (LOL BELAIR RIGHT?)
Internet culture needs to stay on the internet.

Games are somewhat bound to internet, just saying.
I mean, the change for gamer playing a Game has higher change to also browse internet widely more than just any random bloke.

also, it is more in translators, I mean, they do add these in game, granted that Japanese version would include some Japanese references to pop culture or some other jokes that only nihongo would get, so replacing those with somewhat acceptable try to humor the player outside Japan. (and Japan has their own share of internet memes there. And Angry German kid is almost NEW relatively for Japanese etc. This sentence is going too long already)

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miles said:
I nearly turned the game off.
I know one of the translators is an SA Goon (and probably a /b/tard as well by the looks of it) but this is unacceptable.
PW2 also had dumb things like referencing that "That's not mud.." meme and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air Lyrics (LOL BELAIR RIGHT?)
Internet culture needs to stay on the internet.

Jeez, no need to be uptight about it. It's not like they're constantly referencing stuff, it's just little subtle stuff that adds to the humour.

Personally I think it's cool that they at least try and make it funny/quirky, instead of just doing a boring straightforward translation :/

QUOTEgranted that Japanese version would include some Japanese references to pop culture or some other jokes that only nihongo would get, so replacing those with somewhat acceptable try to humor the player outside Japan.

Yeah, that.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
basher11 said:
WildWon said:
basher11 said:
im on the second case and i found the really ugly guy in Phoenix Wright 1 with the text talk. [the guy who goes "OMG LAWL"] [the guy who was the director in the steel samurai case]

and Edgeworth was like, i think i've seen this guy before.....

and he said:

"Ooh! I feel a wave of CR34T1V3 P0W3RZ coming ON! It's over 9000!!! LULZ!"

XD good job Capcom with that DBZ reference.

i was laughing my ass off for a while.
biggrin.gif

Ninjatown did cashed in on that one first, and in a funnier way.

So, capcom missed the boat
lecture.gif

i must've missed that one. im gonna have to play it again to find it.
Ninjatown was full of references and memes. Must be one of the funniest games I've ever played.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the same convo (just got to this part) he says..

"OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM! In Soviet Russia, World Flags Lunchboxes eat j00!" and makes a face like "(>_

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
In episode 3 when Kay takes a photo of the Pink Badger in the stadium Edgeworth says Badger, badger, badger, badger...
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol