Hacking A9LH tends to become a religion in GBATemp

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks to Plailect's Guide, it helps people to upgrade, to setup CFW & A9LH, to help people answer noob easily.
But it also brings more and more bad manner A9LHists start to spread that guide on every request post, and force other GBATemp users to accept A9LH, and ostracize other opinions.

Although Plailect's Guide is an A9LH guide & omitted when you can stop if you don't want to go A9LH (actually if you end at the finish of Part 2 Downgrading, it's indeed a Menuhax guide), it doesn't force readers to follow.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to Plailect's Guide, it helps people to upgrade, to setup CFW & A9LH, to help people answer noob easily.
But it also brings more and more bad manner A9LHists start to spread that guide on every request post, and force other GBATemp users to accept A9LH, and ostracize other opinions.
Can we really says that it's bad when what the users are proposing is indeed the best of what the scene have to offers for now ?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we really says that it's bad when what the users are proposing is indeed the best of what the scene have to offers for now ?
You can support an objectively better solution and still be a complete jerk about it (not you, but that's the "bad" part of it):P I still don't have A9LH yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Reactions: hiten and Nanquitas

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can support an objectively better solution and still be a complete jerk about it (not you, but that's the "bad" part of it):P I still don't have A9LH yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.
I'm completely agree with you !

What i'm saying is that I'm completely okay with the fact that the users are proposing the A9LH solution. As long as it's made in all objectivity and without discriminating those who don't want to use it I mean.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing against offering people what is currently the best. Plailect's guide is very noob-friendly compared to a lot of menuhax-emunand guides so it's perfect for people new to the scene.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
It's just another malignant tumor to add to GBATemps ever growing infection of cancer.

No one gives a fuck if you use A9LH. No one gives a fuck if you use MenuHax. No one gives a fuck if you use a flashcard.

Just shut the fuck up, please, all of you fanboys trying to get into Aurora Wrights pants. RIP GBATemp

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Nothing against offering people what is currently the best. Plailect's guide is very noob-friendly compared to a lot of menuhax-emunand guides so it's perfect for people new to the scene.
This is actually a fantastic point that a lot of people tend to overlook. Guides for emunand and menuhax are, well, poorly written and sparse, with multiple different guides, none of which are exactly noob friendly. Plailect's guide on the other hand is superbly written and is a centralized source.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's just another malignant tumor to add to GBATemps ever growing infection of cancer.

No one gives a fuck if you use A9LH. No one gives a fuck if you use MenuHax. No one gives a fuck if you use a flashcard.

Just shut the fuck up, please, all of you fanboys trying to get into Aurora Wrights pants. RIP GBATemp
Woah slow down.

Shitposter like margen67 cursing menuhax users: Yes I agree.
But suggesting A9LH over MenuHAX for noobie users? Nothing wrong with offering the best.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually a fantastic point that a lot of people tend to overlook. Guides for emunand and menuhax are, well, poorly written and sparse, with multiple different guides, none of which are exactly noob friendly. Plailect's guide on the other hand is superbly written and is a centralized source.
I don't think anyone's really disputing whether or not Plailect's the best guide or if Luma is the best CFW: Setting up A9LH after Menuhax is another 2-3 hours of work which might or might not be worth the effort, which varies on a per-user basis.

A9LH is definitely the better option in terms of functionality, but Menuhax is quickly accessible for those who just want to get the hacking over with.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to start a cult you need three main ingredient:
  1. You need a sufficiently dissatisfied group of people. In most cases it's people who want to know the meaning of life or those who feel under-appreciated. Here, it's people who are tired of the dozens of attempts it takes to trigger menuhax or having to boot ninjhax or having to type in a url for browserhax.
  2. You need to propose a solution to all their problem. Maybe it's God. Maybe it's a Leader. Maybe it's a hack that works 100% of the time on boot.
  3. You need a high barrier of entry--a hazing ritual so people feel like they earned their right to be here and others should have to earn it too. Walk on glass? Drink a nasty potion? Follow a complicated 2 hour guide that might lead to bricks?
I'm just surprised that nobody has killed anyone or themselves yet while shouting "A9LH!!!"

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

I think a9lh masterrace is just joking around most of the time. But you're definitely not taking taking it that way are you.
Just make sure to check your blood pressure often, anger can kill you. Take care of yourself now... :unsure:

Last edited by zoogie,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Why so negative? Maybe it's true to some extent that no one cares what other people are using, but most gbatemp users, I believe, don't mind helping other members of the community, either by providing helpful advices or by other means. This probably excludes you, I guess. But remember that if no one ever shared any knowledge or helped the community, you wouldn't have any hacks to use for your consoles.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Woah slow down.

Shitposter like margen67 cursing menuhax users: Yes I agree.
But suggesting A9LH over MenuHAX for noobie users? Nothing wrong with offering the best.

I think a9lh masterrace is just joking around most of the time. But you're definitely not taking taking it that way are you.
Just make sure to check your blood pressure often, anger can kill you. Take care of yourself now... :unsure:

I apologise for my outburst, I've been around here for a long time in terms of the 3DS scene and I really miss the days where we all unified. Now, we are all fractured; flashcard versus CFW camps, even the CFW camp is fractured by menuhax versus a9lh. What is the point of it all?

And do you really think the a9lh guys are joking? Every. Single. Menuhax. Thread goes like this: OP says "i need help with menuhax" and for 5 pages all the replies are "i know the problem, you need to upgrade to a9lh"

How about just helping someone with their flashcard or outdated CFW with menuhax? Not everyone needs all the bells and whistles. Dont fix what isn't broken, as the saying goes, if your 3DS autoboots and plays CIA, what more do you need.

Rant over :-)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The same thing happened back in the DS days when Wood R4 was released. Every thread was just trying to get people to buy an R4i Gold for Wood R4.
I remember when people were very adamant about staying AWAY from clones.. Y'know, before the official cart was shutdown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs