Hacking A9LH - questions upgrading from O3DS to N3DSXL

tommikinder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have successfully installed A9LH on my O3DS and now really want to upgrade my N3DSXL as well. My NNID is on my N3DSXL and have questions on what steps to take before I do the system transfer from Plailect guide.

After the system transfer will my N3DSXL still have the same NNID as it has now? This has been my main console so all downloaded games\saves\photos\everything is on here so really don't want to lose all that.

Do I buy Fieldrunners on the already hacked or on the non hacked console? I have no NNID on my hacked console atm since I've not had it long so would I need to create one?

Thanks guys!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tommikinder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

tommikinder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After more research I've found that an NNID can only be moved via System Transfer, and since the O3DS will be overwriting the N3DSXL (and a transfer back is not possible), I will lose my current NNID on my N3DSXL :(

If I'm wrong, please correct me!

Last edited by tommikinder,

Sakurika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After more research I've found that an NNID can only be moved via System Transfer, and since the O3DS will be overwriting the N3DSXL (and a transfer back is not possible), I will lose my current NNID on my N3DSXL :(

If I'm wrong, please correct me!
I'm in the same dilemma as you. I bought Field runners on my a9lh 2DS with no NNID and I am in the process of transferring it to my N3DS with an NNID (that I actually want). I asked around R/3dshacks on Reddit, and someone told me that the data from the 2DS should be able to merge with my NNID. But then I realized that Plailect's guide said 3DS#2 (in my case my n3ds) needs to be formated before the system transfer. So both of my 3D's don't have a NNID for the system transfer. After the whole process, I'm going to try linking my NNID to my n3ds.

tommikinder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the same dilemma as you. I bought Field runners on my a9lh 2DS with no NNID and I am in the process of transferring it to my N3DS with an NNID (that I actually want). I asked around R/3dshacks on Reddit, and someone told me that the data from the 2DS should be able to merge with my NNID. But then I realized that Plailect's guide said 3DS#2 (in my case my n3ds) needs to be formated before the system transfer. So both of my 3D's don't have a NNID for the system transfer. After the whole process, I'm going to try linking my NNID to my n3ds.

I know, it's so frustrating! I have actual paid for content, PokeBank subscription etc so really would like to keep my original NNID :unsure:
If you manage to do it could you please let me know how? :blush:

Sakurika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, it's so frustrating! I have actual paid for content, PokeBank subscription etc so really would like to keep my original NNID :unsure:
If you manage to do it could you please let me know how? :blush:

I will. I'm currently transferring it now (A9lh 2ds with field runners to vanilla n3ds no NNIDcuz of format). I'm doing it wirelessly so it will take forever though.

Reactions: tommikinder

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I think if you format the unhacked console with NNID, that NNID can be logged in again and you get all purchases and stuff downloaded again from eShop. So I assume that once you do system transfer from hacked console to unhacked console, there will be two NNID linked to your unhacked console. It's just a matter of formatting it again and logging in the first NNID...

... or I might be wrong...

Last edited by Just3DS,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think if you format the unhacked console with NNID, that NNID can be logged in again and you get all purchases and stuff downloaded again from eShop. So I assume that once you do system transfer from hacked console to unhacked console, there will be two NNID linked to your unhacked console. It's just a matter of formatting it again and logging in the first NNID...

Correct

Sakurika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems so. But if the hacked console doesn't have an NNID, while the unhacked console has an NNID lonked. Only one NNID would be linked to the second console right?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Seems so. But if the hacked console doesn't have an NNID, while the unhacked console has an NNID lonked. Only one NNID would be linked to the second console right?
Just format to unlink the second NNID to be able to log in with the first. Only one NNID can be linked at one time, but Nintendo's servers can record unlimited NNIDs connected to one console.

Reactions: Sakurika

Sakurika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tommikinder, I have successfully did a system transfer from my a9lh 2DS with no NNID to my n3ds with a NNID. The DSiware transferred so did the save. There ended up being no NNID on either devices (3DS#2 had to be formatted according to github guide). I'm pretty sure after I get a9lh on my n3ds I can relink my NNID to it. I'll update you if I have success.

tommikinder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tommikinder, I have successfully did a system transfer from my a9lh 2DS with no NNID to my n3ds with a NNID. The DSiware transferred so did the save. There ended up being no NNID on either devices (3DS#2 had to be formatted according to github guide). I'm pretty sure after I get a9lh on my n3ds I can relink my NNID to it. I'll update you if I have success.

Great, ty so much, good luck with the downgrade! :yay:

Sakurika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, ty so much, good luck with the downgrade! :yay:
Alright, so I successfuly got a9lh on my n3ds. I had to format my system memory on the n3ds since according the Plailect's guide, 3DS' with DSiware may softbrick after the 9.2.0 downgrade. This caused Fieldrunner's to be wiped off of my n3ds completely. Also, since I didn't have a NNID it's gone forever (I don't mind though, bought it for the hack not to play). Anywho, I completed the rest of the setup for a9lh on my n3ds and after I finished Plailect's very last step in Part 5, I went to settings and was able to link my old NNID to my n3ds.

So overall, you'll keep your NNID if you system transfer your O3DS (with no NNID) to your New 3DS (with an NNID). You'll end up formatting your N3DS twice if you follow the guide, once before you perform the system transfer and again before the 9.2.0 downgrade. Then after you completely get a9lh, It'll be safe to re-link your NNID. Make sure to use JSKM to backup all of your save data before you you start anything.

Last edited by Sakurika,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1