Homebrew A9LH on my N3DS 10.7 - what to expect?

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm actually wondering if to do A9LH on my N3DS 10.7. I'm currently using ninjhax to load homebrew and don't have any emunand or anything else to mess with my fw, and i have a few questions about the process:

1) Am I going to lose anything from my N3DS during the downgrade/OTP ecc process to get A9LH running? Like installed games, customizations (icons order, official themes), savegames ecc.

2) After the installation will I be able to update the N3DS to new firmwares without the fear to lose the homebrew ability?

Anything else I need to know about A9LH?

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) If you follow plailects guide, you won't lose a thing. Just remember to backup your nand.bin before you do anything else, since you already have an access point.
2) Yup, you can update just fine because the cfw's protect the FIRM version (where a9lh is)

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost my DSiWare saves (only had like 2 that I cared about though), and games in folders were taken out and scattered about. Thankfully, using the HOME Menu Save thing, you can return the games back to normal.
So, you should be fine if you don't care about DSiWare. :)

Last edited by Hoppy,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Make a dump of your sysNAND, backup all files from your SD card, if possible save your home menu layout using the option on Home Menu.
To be double sure, while you are downgraded at 9.2, use JK Save Manager to backup all your 3DS CIA saves and if you want, your Mii Plaza games progress. Then proceed to downgrading to 2.1, getting OTP and then when you restore a image to sysNAND, restore from your 1st sysNAND backup remembering to use the option to retain A9LH on Decrypt9Wip.
Then copy back your SD files.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm actually wondering if to do A9LH on my N3DS 10.7. I'm currently using ninjhax to load homebrew and don't have any emunand or anything else to mess with my fw, and i have a few questions about the process:

1) Am I going to lose anything from my N3DS during the downgrade/OTP ecc process to get A9LH running? Like installed games, customizations (icons order, official themes), savegames ecc.

2) After the installation will I be able to update the N3DS to new firmwares without the fear to lose the homebrew ability?

When you downgrade to 2.1 you will lose the icon order, best backup your SD card data before downgrading (I think this is part of the guide anyway) and restore it when you are back on 9.2.

DaRk_ViVi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Just one more info: how long does it take to do the whole process on a new3DS following plailects guide? I've read about several hours, but more or less how many?
I'm not a total n00b so I hope to do it properly on the first try. :D

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just one more info: how long does it take to do the whole process on a new3DS following plailects guide? I've read about several hours, but more or less how many?
I'm not a total n00b so I hope to do it properly on the first try. :D
I guess it depends from person to person it only took me just over 2 hours to do but I have a heck of a lot experience in hacking various systems. If someone has a lot less experience I would hugely recommend they take a lot longer to do it and read the guide several times before attempting it.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

DaRk_ViVi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Sadly I could't downgrade properly my n3DS to 10.7, followed Plaitect's Guide but after the downgrade to 9.2 the 3DS gives an Error on boot and I have to use Recovery to get to 10.7 again.
Tried 3 times and always got that error even if the downgrade went fine (except the auto reboot). :(

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sadly I could't downgrade properly my n3DS to 10.7, followed Plaitect's Guide but after the downgrade to 9.2 the 3DS gives an Error on boot and I have to use Recovery to get to 10.7 again.
Tried 3 times and always got that error even if the downgrade went fine (except the auto reboot). :(
Do you have a patched FIRM? Have you tried formatting before downgrading?

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Some advice before you begin:

Make sure you have about 6 hours to spare, b/c this is a pretty easy, but long process
Also, follow the guide step by step so you don't brick.
And you can use Jk's savemanager to manage your saves, but the guide should warn you about this anyways.
Yes, you can update, I have a9lh and am on 10.7.

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did this exact thing yesterday on my N3DS XL 10.7 on ReiNand - It only took about 3 hours, but I'd say give yourself a contingency of ~2 hours for if you forget to do a backup/dump or something and you need to go back and do something again.

I didn't even backup my games or saves or anything, and I lost nothing. Totally worth it to change from MenuHax to A9, it's just so much better in every single way.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some advice before you begin:

Make sure you have about 6 hours to spare, b/c this is a pretty easy, but long process

Did you take a nap during the process? Should take no more than 3.5 from a fresh system, providing you end up with no issues along the way....Although I suppose worst case scenario, 5 hours or so MIGHT be a possibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: