A9LH on brand new n3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TigerFestival87, May 25, 2016.

1. TigerFestival87
    OP

TigerFestival87 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    I have a brand new n3ds and I was wondering if I should install A9LH before or after transferring everything over from my o3ds and linking my NNID to the system?

2. Kyojin

Kyojin #include "brain.h"

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    Wait until you are finished, as you'll have to format your N3DS anyway before downgrading (to avoid having a soft brick).

Once you are done installing A9LH, you will have a normal system on 11.0, so you can just transfer all you stuff over and have fun with your new New 3DS! :)

3. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    I recommend starting fresh, as you can't downgrade from 11.0, and transerfing will update you

4. TigerFestival87
    OP

TigerFestival87 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States

Thanks for the help you guys also I didn't know that transferring updates you so I'm glad I came on here and asked.

5. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    I believe you can do a system transfer if both systems are running EmuNAND at the time of transfer.
    Then you can copy it and later flash it to SysNAND during the A9LH install.
    Nintendo Support can also just relink your NNID if you ask allowing access back to bought games (not saves).

Last edited by DaftMink, May 25, 2016
  6. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    O3DS A9LH getting transfered to a New3DS...

Not sure if that would work?

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can definitely transfer o3ds emuNAND to n3ds emuNAND. You just pick the wireless data transfer option (not having too much stuff on the o3ds), then when it completes and the n3ds restarts, turn off wireless in sysNAND before booting emuNAND, choose to cancel the transfer, then log into the eShop and exit, and all your stuff appears.

8. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    It would be easier to do the transfer once A9LH is done as you can have the New 3DS on 11.0 CFW and do the transfer.

Quantumcat likes this.