Hacking a9lh o3ds suddenly got nintendo error after booting

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just want to know if anybody already experience this. Suddenly my updated sysnand a9lh o3ds xl gets a Nintendo error after booting to homescreen, it keeps on reoccuring, making me unable to play. I manage to open some apps for a little bit of time, but it will still give me a Nintendo error. I tried replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin with the latest nightly, still same problem. Anyone knows what's going on? Im currently trying to copy the files to another sd card now and hopefully it can be fixed. I also check the a9lh installation, and it still boots normally(Emunand9,Luma settings etc)

Last edited by Akira,

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Hi, I just want to know if anybody already experience this. Suddenly my a9lh o3ds xl gets a Nintendo error after booting to homescreen, it keeps on reoccuring, making me unable to play. I manage to open some apps for a little bit of time, but it will still give me a Nintendo error. I tried replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin with the latest nightly, still same problem. Anyone knows what's going on? Im currently trying to copy the files to another sd card now and hopefully it can be fixed. I also check the a9lh installation, and it still boots normally(Emunand,Luma settings etc)
It's either your NAND that's wearing out if you're using sysnand or your SD card that is damaged it you're using emunand in this situations
I see that you're using emunand, so get a new SD card, because yours is either fake or dying

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it could be a corrupted sysnand or it could be something simpler. What I'd recommend is using HourGlass9 at boot to make a backup of your nand and try reformatting your card with just the necessary files. It it's still causing issues try restoring from an earlier backup.

*EDIT* Wait are you having issues with emunand or sysnand? if emunand is causing issues it could be your SD card.

Last edited by Vanth88,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's either your NAND that's wearing out if you're using sysnand or your SD card that is damaged it you're using emunand in this situations
I see that you're using emunand, so get a new SD card, because yours is either fake or dying
no, sorry, it was meant to be Emunand9. Im using updated sysnand, so it might be the NAND? But it's brand new :(

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a backup of the sysnand and format it(system format or tiny format) (don't forget to backup the Nintendo 3ds folder).
Report back
Is there a way to format it without booting to home menu? Im getting the nintendo error after boot, and it only takes 1 minute then the Nintendo error will pop up. Though I have an early a9lh-sysnand backup from the guide.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Is there a way to format it without booting to home menu? Im getting the nintendo error after boot, and it only takes 1 minute then the Nintendo error will pop up.
Tinyformat requires homebrew access.
That's a really bad situation you got there :(
Maybe boot emunand9 via arm9loaderhax, make an emunand and boot that emunand with luma3ds?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to format it without booting to home menu? Im getting the nintendo error after boot, and it only takes 1 minute then the Nintendo error will pop up. Though I have an early a9lh-sysnand backup from the guide.
But try reaching FBI to install tinyformat or the system settings

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently making a nand back up using hourglass. I'll try what @Vanth88 said and report back since I think it's the only thing I can do. Else, I will restore it from the previous nand back up with a9lh(hoping it works)

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing SD card didn't do the trick. I'm gonna try to restore it from a previous post a9lh nand back up now.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing SD card didn't do the trick. I'm gonna try to restore it from a previous post a9lh nand back up now.

If your 3ds is still having issues after restoring several backups you might have to re-do everything but I'm not sure. Keep us informed though just in case.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your 3ds is still having issues after restoring several backups you might have to re-do everything but I'm not sure. Keep us informed though just in case.
Restored it, same case. Should i try to restore it to pre a9lh sysnand back up?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a backup from when you downgraded to 9.2 try that. I'd also run downgrade check after to see if anything pops up.
I'll do that. The thing is i've been using this for a month. It just happens today, this is really weird.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe your theme is corrupted this happened to me too
I dont have any themes installed. Im starting to feel that my 3ds is already a lost cause. Last try im doing is restoring it to 9.2 sysnand(no a9lh). And if it still persist, then bye bye 3ds.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe your theme is corrupted this happened to me too

I was thinking it could've been something like that too but then he mentioned he used another card. He did mention using the a9lh nightly so...

I'll do that. The thing is i've been using this for a month. It just happens today, this is really weird.

By any chance did this happen after upgrading a9lh to the nightly version?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, tough luck, even in vanilla 9.2 the error is still there(even without the sd card). So does it mean that the NAND is already corrupted/failing? No fix right?

Last edited by Akira,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes to recovery mode, but I can't seem to connect to Internet. I have tried to connecting to my mobile hotspot but still it can't connect/detect the wifi.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe the wi-fi module is broken? Is that fixable? If it is you could try re-using your console once you get it changed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs