Hacking a9lh o3ds suddenly got nintendo error after booting

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes to recovery mode, but I can't seem to connect to Internet. I have tried to connecting to my mobile hotspot but still it can't connect/detect the wifi.

Don't recover your 3DS. How did you uninstall a9lh? did you run the a9lh installer and press uninstall?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If there's a console/phone/computer repair shop around where you live maybe you can ask them to change/fix your 3ds wi-fi card?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not recover it yet, it's on vanilla 9.2 now. And I cant recover it since it doesnt detect any wifi at all. Im gonna try to replace the wifi chip tomorrow since i have a non-working 3ds xl with me and im pretty sure the wifi chip of that one is working. The way I uninstall a9lh? Restore my vanilla sysnand using decrypt9.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like ANOTHER worn out NAND.

This is the sixth case, I've been counting.
Unless this one actually is related to the Wi-Fi board, where it looks like it actually is.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unless this one actually is related to the Wi-Fi board, where it looks like it actually is.
Do you think a9lh might be a cause for those worn out nands?(hopefully not including mine lol)

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope not...My A9lh 3ds XL has my friend code, Miis, NNID and digital games...I hope the Nand won't fail me in the near future...

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of the thousands of a9lh consoles, how do we know the 5 failures of bands that have been reported are due to a8lh wearing them out?

It could just be within expected problem rates

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe the wi-fi module is broken? Is that fixable? If it is you could try re-using your console once you get it changed...
Actually, if your wifi breaks, it just gives a straight black screen, no error screen. I know, I had to fix mine
As for the issue on hand, did you install anything like a bad CIA? It could be hardware failure somewhere. If you can still boot into into A9LH payload like bootloader, then it could be a hardware failure that is happening at a later point in the boot. I know when my Wifi antenna broke, I could still boot into all of my A9LH payloads.
Do you think a9lh might be a cause for those worn out nands?(hopefully not including mine lol)
Doubt it, as it would be far more common a problem if that were the case.

I would like to see the other 6 cases, you don't have to post them here, but I would like to see them.
It's not that I don't believe you, but I want to know the details to diagnosing a problem like that and seeing if I can figure out a fix for it.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: DrkBeam

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if your wifi breaks, it just gives a straight black screen, no error screen. I know, I had to fix mine
As for the issue on hand, did you install anything like a bad CIA? It could be hardware failure somewhere. If you can still boot into into A9LH payload like bootloader, then it could be a hardware failure that is happening at a later point in the boot. I know when my Wifi antenna broke, I could still boot into all of my A9LH payloads.

Doubt it, as it would be far more common a problem if that were the case.

I would like to see the other 6 cases, you don't have to post them here, but I would like to see them.
It's not that I don't believe you, but I want to know the details to diagnosing a problem like that and seeing if I can figure out a fix for it.
2 out of 6 of them were posted here, one on YouTube. Which is easy to find. I did say this may be the sixth, but I'm not sure if NAND is actually broken on this case.

It's the same thing, they can't get get into sysNAND even if they restore backups, clone emuNAND to sysNAND, switch CFWs, nothing. But a9lh itself works, and so does emuNAND.

I blamed it on a faulty hardmod for one of them which may have physically damaged the NAND, but left firm0/1 readable? ...I guess?
But I really think it's the fact that you're putting so much stress on the system in a small amount of time. I mean, Nintendo nor the NAND manufacturer intended for the NAND to fully be reflashed and read 10 times in a day for 20 minutes each.
Personally, my consoles already get hot to the touch around those areas during regular use.

As for the other 4, two of them were posted here back in May and March iirc.

I don't know if OP can get emuNAND working, but if so, it's probably definitely a NAND issue.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
2 out of 6 of them were posted here, one on YouTube. Which is easy to find. I did say this may be the sixth, but I'm not sure if NAND is actually broken on this case.

It's the same thing, they can't get get into sysNAND even if they restore backups, clone emuNAND to sysNAND, switch CFWs, nothing. But a9lh itself works, and so does emuNAND.

I blamed it on a faulty hardmod for one of them which may have physically damaged the NAND, but left firm0/1 readable? ...I guess? But I really think it's the fact that you're putting so much stress on the system in a small amount of time. I mean, Nintendo nor the NAND manufacturer intended for the NAND to fully be reflashed and read 10 times in a day for 20 minutes each.

As for the other 4, two of them were posted here back in May and March iirc.

I don't know if OP can get emuNAND working, but if so, it's probably definitely a NAND issue.
I am actually looking around and not finding anything about broken NANDs.
Now I assume, if they were broken, the A9LH install would be broken as well. Basically meaning that you couldn't boot into A9LH payloads and or restoring previous NANDS should fail.
If anything, these cases could be the cause of faulty hardware, like in my case, it was the wireless antenna actually broke off the wifi chip and had to be replaced. But I was still able to boot into everything, but the sysNAND.
Something tells me, that something is wrong with the OP's hardware, could be a loose wire or a missing solder point. Something physically wrong that might be repairable.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Installation itself? Probably.
I am actually looking around and not finding anything about broken NANDs.
Now I assume, if they were broken, the A9LH install would be broken as well. Basically meaning that you couldn't boot into A9LH payloads and or restoring previous NANDS should fail.
If anything, these cases could be the cause of faulty hardware, like in my case, it was the wireless antenna actually broke off the wifi chip and had to be replaced. But I was still able to boot into everything, but the sysNAND.
Something tells me, that something is wrong with the OP's hardware, could be a loose wire or a missing solder point. Something physically wrong that might be repairable.
If a nand damaged, it's still possible to get data off of it, I guess. Just like a scratched CD or a ssd. It's just such a small area of the nand that it can probably read this part of the nand before it triggers an error.

But if there is something physically wrong, then the emuNAND wouldn't work either. The only other thing that possibly would be an actual failure would be the soldered on chip itself.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Installation itself? Probably.

If a nand damaged, it's still possible to get data off of it, I guess. Just like a scratched CD or a ssd.

But if there is something physically wrong, then the emuNAND wouldn't work either. The only other thing that possibly would be an actual failure would be the soldered on chip itself.
The only real way to test would be to physically open the system and test every single connection. It could easily just be a loose wire somewhere or a damaged solder point.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the bad cia, I doubt it since I have a9lh'ed 3 3ds'es with the same games in it and this is the only that has this problem. Im hoping it's just the wifi chip though, or anything else that is detachable on the mother board since I have a spare 3ds xl for parts. Im gonna update it later once I get back home and replace the wifi module.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the bad cia, I doubt it since I have a9lh'ed 3 3ds'es with the same games in it and this is the only that has this problem. Im hoping it's just the wifi chip though, or anything else that is detachable on the mother board since I have a spare 3ds xl for parts. Im gonna update it later once I get back home and replace the wifi module.

Honestly it sounds like the most reasonable answer. I doubt your nand chip was fried and you said it yourself you can't connect to the wifi. You've restored your console, and we know it wasn't a9lh causing issues. Considering that your 3ds boots for a few seconds and then crashes means its trying to do something.. and that something is usually connect to the internet which it can't do.

On the bright side those cards are super cheap but try not to spend too much on repairing the thing or you'll be better off just buying another 3ds.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that the wifi chip is the faulty one. I already replaced it with the a working one and it doesnt have the Nintendo error now. Now I have a question, now that I'm on vanilla 9.2, how to proceed on installing a9lh? I already have the OTP with me.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I already sorted it out. Good thing I made a post-a9lh back up and sd card back up. The only problem now for me is that spare 3ds xl(bricked) is about to be used for my test hard mod project. Now, it doesnt have a wifi chip working haha. Oh well, might as well order one. Thanks again guys

Reactions: Vanth88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: