Hacking A9LH Luma Black screen on boot

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i used the star updater to update to the newest version of luma and now my al9h3ds wont even boot just sits at a black screen any ideas? kinda new to the a9lh scene

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Delete the arm9loaderhax.bin from the root of the sd and delete the "bak" extension from the original arm9loaderhax.bin.bak you had before updating. Try it again but dont use the nightly version,

Also, if you are on V2 a9lh try deleting the "firmware".bin if you have one in the payloads folder, if you have updated from 5.5 to 6.1 but the try the 1st one I mentioned first.

D

Deleted User

So i used the star updater to update to the newest version of luma and now my al9h3ds wont even boot just sits at a black screen any ideas? kinda new to the a9lh scene
Does this happen at every boot? I know Luma can fail to boot every once and a while. This happens to me about 1/50 boots.

If it happens every time then load the backup that star updater created and try again

EDIT: Restore your backup this was caused by a bug with star updater. Once you have your system on again remove star updater and use luma updater instead

Last edited by ,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, I had the same issue. I deleted arm9loaderhax.bin and Luma3ds.dat. I downloaded the latest version off the Luma site, still black screened, so I removed the Luma3ds.dat file, and it worked again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte