Hacking A9LH Installation guides, (Your preference of Emunand vs crt transfer)

Which do you feel comfortable with more

• Emunand path to a9lh

• Crt tansfer Path to a9lh

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to a tracking information, i will be receiving a new nintendo 3DS on Monday, i will be able to install the a9lh on it seeing how is 10.7 and all. I used the emunand process on 3 Different systems (Original 3ds, 3DS xl and new 3DS) I do have two oppertunities to use ctr transfer, but after using the other one multiple times is hard to mak such a change. If there is anyone out there who has tried both, please leave any personal comments about your thoughts. This is not a comparison or a battle, i am simply asking how you feel about it, which do you prefer, this is all stictly opinion based questions, not competition since both guides are written by the same person. :)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Having done the emunand thing too many times to count, I find that the new system is less finicky. I had two old 3DSes fail OTP Helper all the time, and I literally had to reformat it 25 times to get it to finally work.

The ctrnand method is less panic inducing - as it just takes a couple of steps and all of them are automated. (Except for typing in the github address...)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done 10 emuNAND a9LH installs and one CTR-Transfer install.

I would vote the CTR-Transfer every time. No need to format the memory card, no need to make more than one NAND backup, much faster downgrade to 2.1, no need to format NANDs or start over if emuNAND doesn't downgrade properly with sysUpdater. When you've got A9LH installed you just restore your backup and then update to the current firmware, no need to switch sysNAND with emuNAND or reformat the memory card to get your extra 1-2GB of space back.

Overall, I feel the CTR-Transfer is safer, faster, easier and all around the best way to do it so far.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first two installs were working with just sysnand, before the guide. next was emunand using the then new guide, and last was ctr-transfer.

i vote ctr-transfer. so much quicker. took like an hour, only 20 minutes or so i wwas actually actively doing something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended