Hacking [A9LH]I broke something but I'm not sure what exactly

Juiss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recently went through the pain of dumping my OTP and installing a9lh, switched my NANDs and I successfully booted a 10.6 sysNAND with AuRei.
So earlier today I thought I'd format my SD to get rid of the emuNAND partition on it, after that I put the necessary files back on my 3DS and it got stuck on a black screen. Tried putting an older back up on my SD and now it gets stuck on the ReiNAND splash screen (which I don't recall ever adding).
Also, it used to turn off instantly if I tried booting without my microSD inserted but now it stays on without the screen turning on :wacko:

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably need to re-add the "updatedsysnand" file to your rei folder. That way your sysnand will autoboot instead of your (now nonexistent) emunand. You should also re-add firmware.bin and whatever other files AuRei needs if you haven't already.

Juiss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you probably need to re-add the "updatedsysnand" file to your rei folder. That way your sysnand will autoboot instead of your (now nonexistent) emunand. You should also re-add firmware.bin and whatever other files AuRei needs if you haven't already.
This is what I meant by "necessary files", correct me if I'm wrong but the updatedsysnand folder is supposed to be empty, right?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you have the file in the rei folder, right? not at the root of the sd card or anything? and firmware.bin is in that folder too?

Juiss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you format the card as FAT32 and not NTFS or ExFAT?

I would recommend backing your stuff up from the card again, then using Emunand9 to properly reformat the card.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,

Juiss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you format the card as FAT32 and not NTFS or ExFAT?

I would recommend backing your stuff up from the card again, then using Emunand9 to properly reformat the card.
I used SDFormatter, anyway I formatted again and did everything from scratch and it works now. Thanks for the help anyway.
I honestly don't know what I did wrong considering I just re-did everything the same and it just works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?