Hacking A9LH & Gateway Emunand Set Up on New 3DS Question

Deathbot64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So before I get starting asking my question I guess I should explain my set up and clear a few things up. I know gateway emunand doesnt have direct support for a9lh yet and I already know that a9lh has a way better boot rate among other things

So right now I have a New 3DS XL on 9.0.0 US sysnand and I have 2 16gb sd cards I use, only on 10.7 US Gateway emunand well the other is on 10.7 JAP Gateway emunand, both of which I have set up yo auto boot into gateway with menu hax and ctr boot manager.

So I have been looking into putting a9lh on my 3ds but im kinda reluctant to do it because of the length of time need to do this and in my opinion the few benefits of switching over to a9lh (like better boot rate, custom boot images, and non hardmod ways to unbrick your console) which to me are not completely necessary since my 3ds usually boots 70-80% of the time properly and I dont really mess around with my 3ds enough to worry about bricking.

What I am trying to figure out is if I am able to either have both of the gateway emunands from both cards onto one card (so I can still have my JAP emunand and play Pokemon with it but keep my other saves on US emunand) and choose between what emunand to boot into without having to switch cards or if I could use the JAP emunand along with some other cfw like Luma or Cakes or whatever and transfer my saves over from my other emunand into this cfw so I wont lose my saves, and still have the option to pick either the JAP gateway emunand and the other cfw to boot into.

I know there are many benefits of a9lh compared to using just emunand and menuhax but I dont want this to become a fourm of way a9lh is better, I will only change over to a9lh if I can do something like I described above with the merging of the 2 cards or running eumnand and cfw on the same card, if not I will stay with the current set up.

Thanks for the help

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi deathbot,

You can have two emunands on one card.
In aureinand you can conf to boot the second (jap) nand automatically. And with holding... No idea let's say x by booting you load the sysnand (with past/cake/another aureinand instance) . From the 9.0.0 sysnand you can go with the homebrew launcher into the gateway Mode. So you boot up the first emunands. (gateway can only boot the first)

But at the moment I'm not at home so I can't link to the tuts. You have to Google or use the forum search function.! The boot rate of gw will not increase by this method.!

Regards

Last edited by sweatbox,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeahhh, wasn't the GW team supposed to give us option for a9lh "SOON" ? (havent bothered with a9lh yet)

Deathbot64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi deathbot,

You can have two emunands on one card.
In aureinand you can conf to boot the second (jap) nand automatically. And with holding... No idea let's say x by booting you load the sysnand (with past/cake/another aureinand instance) . From the 9.0.0 sysnand you can go with the homebrew launcher into the gateway Mode. So you boot up the first emunands. (gateway can only boot the first)

But at the moment I'm not at home so I can't link to the tuts. You have to Google or use the forum search function.! The boot rate of gw will not increase by this method.!

Regards
Hey SB, thanks for the advice but i cant seem to find anything that can help me with this, but would i just need to use multi nand to put both emunands on the one card and set up Luma to boot properly?

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Deathbot,

back again ^^

yeah for sure the keyword is MultiEmuNand. And yes you can realize it without a9lh.
Maybe with Menuhax and CtrBootManger.

I must say, that Im not so up-to-date and Luma says me nothing. But if it can Boot the second Emunand yeah it is pretty what you can use.

I know, nobody asked but:
For the moment my setup is Aureinand a9lh with (one) EmuNand. By holding X by powering the 3DS on, Cake boots the SysNand (9.2.0) with menuhax that starts gateway.
As soon gateway will support a9lh i will switch to updated SysNand.
Edit: saw theres a CtrBootManager for arm9loaderhax... I think I will test it instead of using Cake and Menuhax : -)

Regards

Edit2: Aureinand has changed the name to Luma. So yes you can use Luma for your sec. Emunand.

Last edited by sweatbox,

Deathbot64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Deathbot,

back again ^^

yeah for sure the keyword is MultiEmuNand. And yes you can realize it without a9lh.
Maybe with Menuhax and CtrBootManger.

I must say, that Im not so up-to-date and Luma says me nothing. But if it can Boot the second Emunand yeah it is pretty what you can use.

I know, nobody asked but:
For the moment my setup is Aureinand a9lh with (one) EmuNand. By holding X by powering the 3DS on, Cake boots the SysNand (9.2.0) with menuhax that starts gateway.
As soon gateway will support a9lh i will switch to updated SysNand.
Edit: saw theres a CtrBootManager for arm9loaderhax... I think I will test it instead of using Cake and Menuhax : -)

Regards

Edit2: Aureinand has changed the name to Luma. So yes you can use Luma for your sec. Emunand.

Hey SB, thanks again for the help. Got both emunands running on the same card now and I was even able to put them on a bigger sd card. Didn't need to install a9lh so I will probably hold off on that for a bit but I got everything else to work exactly the way i wanted it to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu