OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I don't want to autoboot my N3ds to Luma but I want a bootloader that let me choose wich .bin file to load from my SD card.

Is it possible to do that?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I'm using V2... Any alternative for V2?

Did you install Aurora Wright's fork? She fixed that issue two days ago. If not, you'll have to use that, installing it with SafeA9LHInstaller v2.0.1.

Remember to use the "new" firm0, not the one used for the old A9LH version (if you want to be sure you are using the correct one, you can get firm0 and firm1 from the data_input_v2.zip file from Plailect's guide, part 5).

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Luma has it's own bootloader integrated. just name your payload "start_<anyname>.bin" and put it in the Luma/Bootloader folder.

if you Start+boot it should automatically boot that. Luma initializes the screen so you could use that to boot ctrbootmanager9 in boot menu mode and should work.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Did you install Aurora Wright's fork? She fixed that issue two days ago. If not, you'll have to use that, installing it with SafeA9LHInstaller v2.0.1.

Remember to use the "new" firm0, not the one used for the old A9LH version (if you want to be sure you are using the correct one, you can get firm0 and firm1 from the data_input_v2.zip file from Plailect's guide, part 5).
I installed the aurora wright's fork! Strange because if I put ctrbootmanager9 in SD:\luma\payloads and rename it to start_ctrboot.bin , it boots when I press START at boot.
But if I want to autoboot it so I put it as arm9loaderhax.bin is the SD root, I won't boot and I have a black screen

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed the aurora wright's fork! Strange because if I put ctrbootmanager9 in SD:\luma\payloads and rename it to start_ctrboot.bin , it boots when I press START at boot.
But if I want to autoboot it so I put it as arm9loaderhax.bin is the SD root, I won't boot and I have a black screen

Then you installed the noscreeninit version.

EDIT: it means that if the ARM9 binary you are trying to load does not init the screen, you won't see anything displayed (hence the black screen). Luma3DS, on the other hand, initializes the screen and that's why CTRBootManager9 works when chainloaded from Luma.

If you want to be able to use it, you'll have to flash the screeninit version instead.

Last edited by Kyojin,

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Then you installed the noscreeninit version.

EDIT: it means that if the ARM9 binary you are trying to load does not init the screen, you won't see anything displayed (hence the black screen). Luma3DS, on the other hand, initializes the screen and that's why CTRBootManager9 works when chainloaded from Luma.

If you want to be able to use it, you'll have to flash the screeninit version instead.
I installed the screeninit version! My screen flashes for a second when powering ON but then the screen stays black :/

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed the screeninit version! My screen flashes for a second when powering ON but then the screen stays black :/

Oh... And if you set Decrypt9 or Hourglass9 as your arm9loaderhax.bin, does it load or does it stay on a black screen too?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I want to switch to V1, do you know where can I found payload_input and data_input v1 files? They are updated in the Plailect guide
Use an older revision of the guide to find the files.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

At the top, under the title, you'll see "xxx revisions" with xxx is being the number of past revisions made. Then, it'll take you to it's history page of past revisions, then look for one that has the v1 payloads.

Be sure to use the proper SafeA9LHInstaller for v1 files, and make sure you have everything you need to use said installer. I take no responsibility if you brick.

Reactions: nintendo3dsxlfan

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I want to switch to V1, do you know where can I found payload_input and data_input v1 files? They are updated in the Plailect guide

About going back from v2 to v1 (read from bottom to top):

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 11.32.13.png

Did you already ask in the CTRBootManager9 thread to see if it is a systematic issue?

If you are 100% sure that you installed Aurora's screeninit version from 3 days ago, and unless you really NEED to use CTRBootManager9, you could open up an issue either on Aurora's repo, or on CTRBootManager9's repo to notify about this and investigate.

EDIT: there is already an open issue, and also a temp fix.

Last edited by Kyojin,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About going back from v2 to v1 (read from bottom to top):

View attachment 52657

Did you already ask in the CTRBootManager9 thread to see if it is a systematic issue?

If you are 100% sure that you installed Aurora's screeninit version from 3 days ago, and unless you really NEED to use CTRBootManager9, you could open up an issue either on Aurora's repo, or on CTRBootManager9's repo to notify about this and investigate.

EDIT: there is already an open issue, and also a temp fix.
Ah, thanks for that info.

Then one needs to go back to a Clean 9.0-9.2 sysNAND backup, then flash v1 A9LH from there, right?

So OP needs to use Decrypt9 and flash that clean backup, then install v1 A9LH.

Or try using the unofficial v7/v8 CTRBootManager9 if they don't want to go through that.

Anyways, GW's a9lh.bin is also broken on v2, so I am not upgrading to v2 anytime soon. :P

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Then one needs to go back to a Clean 9.0-9.2 sysNAND backup, then flash v1 A9LH from there, right?

Or try using the unofficial v7/v8 CTRBootManager9 if they don't want to go through that.

Anyways, GW's a9lh.bin is also broken on v2, so I am not upgrading to v2 anytime soon. :P

Yes, going back to 9.2 on a pre-A9LH backup should do the trick. :) And same, not updating until it's really worth it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I hear GW works with delebile's a9lh version but the install process is a bit different to SafeA9LHInstaller so I haven't bothered. Nothing wrong with staying on V1 for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn