Hacking A9LH booting HourGlass9 instead of Luma

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I recently installed A9LH on my sisters o3ds got Luma installed and everything ran great.
she turned it on today and it autoboots into HourGlass9
I had her turn it off and hold start she said it instant booted HourGlass9 (I assuming without holding start it goes through the boot process then boots HourGlass9, I haven't physically seen it yet, I'm having her make a video to send me as she lives 6 hours away)
Any ideas why this is happening and how to change it back to booting Luma
Thanks

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,
I recently installed A9LH on my sisters o3ds got Luma installed and everything ran great.
she turned it on today and it autoboots into HourGlass9
I had her turn it off and hold start she said it instant booted HourGlass9 (I assuming without holding start it goes through the boot process then boots HourGlass9, I haven't physically seen it yet, I'm having her make a video to send me as she lives 6 hours away)
Any ideas why this is happening and how to change it back to booting Luma
Thanks
Maybe the arm9loaderhax.bin payload is the Hourglass payload. She should be able to delete it and copy the one from Luma

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was working fine, and she wouldnt take the SD card out and start messing and changing out files.
so unless it changed on its own, that is highly unlikely.

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking the start button was being held in, but she said when she boots it with holding start, HourGlass9 instantly pops up instead of it booting up then launching it

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea if she can get to a pc im going to have her remove the hourglass9 file and have her reload the arm9loaderhax.bin from the zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok i misunderstood her, it boots up the same amount of time if she holds the start button or not

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, what you want to replace is the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD card. Have her double-check the payloads folder in the luma directory, but I don't think any of them are the problem. If any of the payloads aren't preceded by a button input, such as Hourglass9.bin instead of Start_Hourglass9.bin, have her correct that, but you can otherwise leave the payloads alone. It seems like something got mixed up and her arm9loaderhax.bin file got switched somehow.

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shes is going to contact me when she can get to a pc
she hasnt taken the SD card out of the DS and everything was working earlier today so im lost as to how this could have happened
yes im going to have her replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root, and have her remove the hourglass9.bin and see if we can get it to boot

and holding select on boot does go to Luma settings (so maybe the arm9loaderhax.bin file is good)

Last edited by m37r01d,

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the Start button really is stuck then. You can get her to change Hourglass9 to a different button.

yea thats what im starting to think, she says she can feel the start button being pressed, but maybe its something inside. but yea im gonna have her rename the hourglass9 bin and see what happens when she can get to a pc

Last edited by m37r01d,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup