Hacking A9LH and new SD card

Wargla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,
I installed A9LH and I am booting now on last emunand on a O3DS.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is there any way to access to my SysNAND now ?
2. If I want to change my SD card or if for some reason SD card is broken, how can I install again A9LH setup on a new SD card or recover the 3DS ? Because now, the 3DS can boot properly only if an SD card is inserted in it. So I suppose that's not possible to get a new entry point with a new SD card ?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, you told us your entrypoint but not your whole setup so we can't really answer your questions ;)

Did you follow Plailect's guide exactly to the end? If so, you no longer have an emuNAND and are only running on sysNAND (so that's how you access sysNAND lol), and you only need to put files on a new SD card to get things to work properly again (like Luma's files, arm9loaderhax.bin, etc), a9lh is still installed. An SD card with a payload is needed to boot but it doesn't mean that specific SD card you're using now.

If you only followed a guide to get a9lh then made your own setup (kept emuNAND, running Cakes, whatever), we need more info about that setup.

Reactions: Wargla

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi there,
I installed A9LH and I am booting now on last emunand on a O3DS.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is there any way to access to my SysNAND now ?
2. If I want to change my SD card or if for some reason SD card is broken, how can I install again A9LH setup on a new SD card or recover the 3DS ? Because now, the 3DS can boot properly only if an SD card is inserted in it. So I suppose that's not possible to get a new entry point with a new SD card ?

If I understand you correctly:

1) Assuming you have Luma setup correctly. Hold select on boot and choose the 1st option "Autoboot Sysnand" I never use Emunand on my A9Lh consoles but that should allow sysnand by default.

2) All you need is a copy of arm9loaderhax.bin (luma) on the new SD card. There are other current methods out there that allow booting without the SD but for now, just copy that file.

Reactions: Wargla

Wargla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed A9LH using Gateway fast-boot manual released a few days ago. So I upgraded to 10.3.0 then downgraded to 2.0 using gateway time machine, then their A9LH installer on 2.0.
I know that I am totally dependent of gateway solution, but I chose the easiest solution for a noob like me.
So, yes, i am booting now on emunand 11.0 directly.
In fact, I think I just need to use a tool to extract my emunand from my SD card, then inject it on a new SD card, and copy all other files from the old SD to the new SD card, isn't it ? I just want to get a backup of my SD card in case one day, SD card is not working anymore. And to be able to boot the 3DS again...

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well then, I guess that what you need to do to get to sysNAND is boot to Gateway menu (boot while holding L+SELECT) then on the "Boot Gateway Mode" icon, hold B and press A (then confirm with X).

And everyone here will scold you for using Gateway's a9lh. You were worried your 3DS would be married to your SD card, well nope, but it's married to your red card though (you can't boot anything without the red card).
But from what I recall, Gateway still gives you your OTP before installing their a9lh. So you should be able to restore a 9.2 backup from the Gateway menu and install the community a9lh using that OTP (which will not prevent you from using your Gateway, but unlike Gateway's a9lh, it allows you to do more stuff such as booting your 3DS without a red card (or even without an SD card soon (actually already done somewhere but not so stable))).
Wait for someone"s confirmation though.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I installed A9LH using Gateway fast-boot manual released a few days ago. So I upgraded to 10.3.0 then downgraded to 2.0 using gateway time machine, then their A9LH installer on 2.0.
I know that I am totally dependent of gateway solution, but I chose the easiest solution for a noob like me.
So, yes, i am booting now on emunand 11.0 directly.
In fact, I think I just need to use a tool to extract my emunand from my SD card, then inject it on a new SD card, and copy all other files from the old SD to the new SD card, isn't it ? I just want to get a backup of my SD card in case one day, SD card is not working anymore. And to be able to boot the 3DS again...

Tbh, if something happens to the GW red card you are screwed too, since you have a console that is married to the card. If you followed the free community guide (like the majority of us do) then Decrypt9/hourglass would easily take care of the dumping the emunand. You still use emunand tool on the PC and do it that way.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you still have access to the GW menu where you can restore a nand backup even if a snake eats your GW card :P

that said, i would still recommend the public a9lh setup simply for the fact its what most guides will be using, so being stuck with gateways implementation makes a lot of the guides you see about non applicable to you

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Wargla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for the info guys, that's much clear to me now :)

Could someone just confirm what was saying Hayleia ?:

"But from what I recall, Gateway still gives you your OTP before installing their a9lh. So you should be able to restore a 9.2 backup from the Gateway menu and install the community a9lh using that OTP (which will not prevent you from using your Gateway, but unlike Gateway's a9lh, it allows you to do more stuff such as booting your 3DS without a red card (or even without an SD card soon (actually already done somewhere but not so stable))).
Wait for someone"s confirmation though."

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot for the info guys, that's much clear to me now :)

Could someone just confirm what was saying Hayleia ?:

"But from what I recall, Gateway still gives you your OTP before installing their a9lh. So you should be able to restore a 9.2 backup from the Gateway menu and install the community a9lh using that OTP (which will not prevent you from using your Gateway, but unlike Gateway's a9lh, it allows you to do more stuff such as booting your 3DS without a red card (or even without an SD card soon (actually already done somewhere but not so stable))).
Wait for someone"s confirmation though."

gateway does give you the OTP, it should be on the root of your SD card, if you deleted it then just follow Plailect's guide all the way through and skip gateway, and if you still want to boot gateway, you can use the alternative file gateway provides for custom a9lh setups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM