Hacking A9LH and NANDS Question/Concern (Gateway Related Also)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new issue/concern:

When I boot into Gateway Mode and go into System Settings, it says GW 11.0 or whatever. After leaving screen, I am no longer able to boot into GW card by pressing select on game icon in home menu. If I go into System Settings then, it then says Emu 11.0 or whatever. When I turn system off and reboot, it says Sys 11.0... Is all this normal?

I now noticed that I have to unwrap some apps in sysnand, and then my same apps were not on home menu in gateway mode... What do I do?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you have an emuNAND on your SD card, Gateway will always boot it (unless you go through the menu and force it not to). If you want Gateway to boot in sysNAND without having to go through the menu, you need to delete it, yes.

What you have currently is a copy of your system in emuNAND, which you don't need. That's why the guide tells you to flash emuNAND to sysNAND and then delete emuNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
@VinsCool :

I am following this guide to remove EmuNAND: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Is this correct? When I installed A9LH, I moved EmuNAND over onto SysNAND... Will removing EmuNAND mess up my system? I still want to use my 3DS Gateway Red Card in A9LH...
You moved your emunand to your sysnand, so it is useless to keep it on the sd card now :) back up your files, and format your sd card on your pc using SD Formater, making sure to make a full whipe and size adjust, so the missing space used for the emunand is taken back.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You moved your emunand to your sysnand, so it is useless to keep it on the sd card now :) back up your files, and format your sd card on your pc using SD Formater, making sure to make a full whipe and size adjust, so the missing space used for the emunand is taken back.
Or use emuNAND9 to format card without emuNAND - Gateway has problems where there are still traces of the partition on the card (emuNAND9 definitely doesn't leave traces).

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Or use emuNAND9 to format card without emuNAND - Gateway has problems where there are still traces of the partition on the card (emuNAND9 definitely doesn't leave traces).
Yeah that was told in PM as well :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse