Hacking A9LH and GW EmuNAND Question

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everyone. I'm finally thinking about joining the A9LH master race since it's the bee's knees these days. My N3DS is currently using Gateway right now, but I'm considering making the transition even though some people got GW to work with A9LH.

My question is can I transfer my GW emuNAND to another EmuNAND? I have my ambassador account linked to my emuNAND, and I want to keep all of my stuff when I get A9LH and ditch Gateway. If I can transfer my stuff, how do I go about doing that?

Edit: Phone lagged and posted prematurely.

Last edited by Ten Pound Cow,

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Hi, everyone. I'm finally thinking about joining the A9LH master race since it's the bee's knees these days. My N3DS is currently using Gateway right now, but I'm considering making the transition even though some people got GW to work with A9LH.

My question is can I transfer my GW emuNAND to another EmuNAND?
yes you can

Reactions: Ten Pound Cow

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

My question is can I transfer my GW emuNAND to another EmuNAND?

Don't go with GW's A9LH installer, use Luma3DS + A9LH, or Cakes + A9LH (if you're a somewhat of a dev) :)

If you get GW's A9LH, you're kinda locked in..

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't go with GW's A9LH installer, use Luma3DS + A9LH, or Cakes + A9LH (if you're a somewhat of a dev) :)

If you get GW's A9LH, you're kinda locked in..
Yeah, GW's A9LH installer seems dicey, and I read that you'll be forced to keep your Gateway card or else you won't be able to boot into your 3DS without it. I'm leaning towards going with Luma + A9LH.

So how do I transfer my GW emuNAND over to Luma emuNAND? Is it simply a copy and paste kind of thing? Once I figure this part out, then I'm going to start the process with Plailect's guide.

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Yeah, GW's A9LH installer seems dicey, and I read that you'll be forced to keep your Gateway card or else you won't be able to boot into your 3DS without it. I'm leaning towards going with Luma + A9LH.

So how do I transfer my GW emuNAND over to Luma emuNAND? Is it simply a copy and paste kind of thing? Once I figure this part out, then I'm going to start the process with Plailect's guide.
no, you habe to backup your gateway emunand to a nand.bin and flash it into your luma3ds emunan using a tool like emunand9, and then continue with the guide

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP

Afaik you have the same emunand for both, just launch luma and you should be good.
Edit: nope

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

That is true, personally id advise going with Luma, dump the GW EmuNAND with decrypt9 or houseglass9/even emuNAND9 i think, then flash the emuNAND to Luma3DS's freshly made emuNAND :)?

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
That is true, personally id advise going with Luma, dump the GW EmuNAND with decrypt9 or houseglass9/even emuNAND9 i think, then flash the emuNAND to Luma3DS's freshly made emuNAND :)?
I recommend even @Ten Pound Cow to entirely dump Gateway and use open source tools, as they are better, and you still maitain your games and saves, but if you're not willing to you can always maitain it with GW's a9lh payload

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I recommend even @Ten Pound Cow to entirely dump Gateway and use open source tools, as they are better, and you still maitain your games and saves, but if you're not willing to you can always maitain it with GW's a9lh payload

I agree, personally if this way my situation GW's A9LH payload would be my least alternative.

Reactions: Davidosky99

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you habe to backup your gateway emunand to a nand.bin and flash it into your luma3ds emunan using a tool like emunand9, and then continue with the guide

So I make a copy of my emuNAND.bin with emuNAND tool, then flash it into Luma with emuNAND9, correct? And I'll be able to keep all of my stuff like games and saves that are in my GW's emuNAND?

I'm willing to transfer all of my GW emuNAND to Luma. My ambassador games don't even work when I use Gateway, so it would be nice to be able to play those games again.

Would using my back-up emuNAND.bin that I got with emuNAND tool suffice? I'm definitely going to make the transition to Luma and ditch my GW now. I just need to clarify, then I'll get started on making the change. :)

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So I make a copy of my emuNAND.bin with emuNAND tool, then flash it into Luma with emuNAND9, correct? And I'll be able to keep all of my stuff like games and saves that are in my GW's emuNAND?

I'm willing to transfer all of my GW emuNAND to Luma. My ambassador games don't even work when I use Gateway, so it would be nice to be able to play those games again.

Would using my back-up emuNAND.bin that I got with emuNAND tool suffice? I'm definitely going to make the transition to Luma and ditch my GW now. I just need to clarify, then I'll get started on making the change. :)

Back up your saves with JKSM - if you have any that is, Im not sure if they get lost when doing this process but a backup is always good in case anything does. - EmuNAND.bin is the right one, don't quote me on that though, either that or as someone said NAND.bin :)

TechAndrew

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

My question is can I transfer my GW emuNAND to another EmuNAND? I have my ambassador account linked to my emuNAND, and I want to keep all of my stuff when I get A9LH and ditch Gateway. If I can transfer my stuff, how do I go about doing that?

Edit: Phone lagged and posted prematurely.

Treat your emuNAND like the "RedNAND" Backup of your sysNAND, when following Plailect's A9LH guide. I highly recommend that you don't use GW-A9LH.

You should also clone your SD card before you do anything, and after each Part.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back up your saves with JKSM - if you have any that is, Im not sure if they get lost when doing this process but a backup is always good in case anything does. - EmuNAND.bin is the right one, don't quote me on that though, either that or as someone said NAND.bin :)
Gotcha. Thanks a lot for the help! I'll post again if I have problems with the process. :)

Treat your emuNAND like the "RedNAND" Backup of your sysNAND, when following Plailect's A9LH guide. I highly recommend that you don't use GW-A9LH.

You should also clone your SD card before you do anything, and after each Part.
Thanks for the tips! I'll try to keep those in mind when I follow the guide. I don't know what the RedNAND means yet, but maybe I'll figure it out when I follow the guide. Rest assured I'm not going to use the GW-A9LH. Wish me luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free