Hacking A9LH and Decrypt9 Question (Gateway)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I can use Decrypt9 to dump physical games/carts, but which option should I select for use with 3DS Gateway? Should I select Dump full/trim, or select Dump and Decrypt full/trim? Thoughts on this appreciated :)

Update: I was wanting to use Decrypt9 to dump physical games as I am unable to access Gateway Menu in A9LH.

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I did follow that guide, but still unable to access Gateway Menu
Did you follow the instructions? Do you have down_v2gateway.bin (from the tutorial) and gateway.bin (from Gateway's website) in your luma/payloads folder? What happens when you hold Down on boot with your Gateway cartridge not inserted?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both of those bin files in luma/payloads folder. When I press down on bootup, it displays gateway screen and says no Gateway Card inserted, press A to continue or something like that...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have both of those bin files in luma/payloads folder. When I press down on bootup, it displays gateway screen and says no Gateway Card inserted, press A to continue or something like that...
Are you sure the menu doesn't appear at all? Can you just hold down on boot, then not touch anything, then take a picture of the screen you get? And are you using version 3.7.1 launcher.dat (recommended one)?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I pressed Down without card inserted. It comes up with screen that says "No Gateway 3DS card found!" "Please insert the Gateway 3DS card to boot into Gateway mode."
"Press [A] to continue."

Note: Cant take pic right now, charging phone in other room.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I pressed Down without card inserted. It comes up with screen that says "No Gateway 3DS card found!" "Please insert the Gateway 3DS card to boot into Gateway mode."
"Press [A] to continue."

Note: Cant take pic right now, charging phone in other room.
You definitely never pressed A? That doesn't sound familiar at all.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pressed a on that screen, it just reboots that screen...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey! Thanks! Update 3.7.1 fixed my problem! :)

I have a new issue/concern:

When I boot into Gateway Mode and go into System Settings, it says GW 11.0 or whatever. After leaving screen, I am no longer able to boot into GW card by pressing select on game icon in home menu. If I go into System Settings then, it then says Emu 11.0 or whatever. When I turn system off and reboot, it says Sys 11.0... Is all this normal?

I now noticed that I have to unwrap some apps in sysnand, and then my same apps were not on home menu in gateway mode... What do I do?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Sys 11.0 is luma CFW with Firm write protection enabled and is normal. Is autoboot sysnand "on" in luma config (select on power up) and also, it's kinda useless having a Emunand with A9lh imo, and its best to remove it, as everything else can be done with cfw sysnand.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sys 11.0 is luma CFW with Firm write protection enabled and is normal. Is autoboot sysnand "on" in luma config (select on power up) and also, it's kinda useless having a Emunand with A9lh imo, and its best to remove it, as everything else can be done with cfw sysnand.

So what can I do? Don't I need EmuNAND for use with 3DS Gateway in A9LH?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
No, you dont need Emunand in a A9LH environment to use Gateway. Everything else including Gateway can be used in Luma CFW sysnand, and the instructions for removing emunand and using GW with V2 A9LH are in that link posted in this thread.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I still use my Gateway Red Card? All of my games are on it...
I am confused, how would I boot my system into Gateway Mode without an EmuNAND? When I boot into Gateway Mode and go into System Settings Menu, it says GW 11.0...

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Can I still use my Gateway Red Card? All of my games are on it

What part you don't understand? It's all written in the tutorial (link) above in the 2nd post and my sentence above. Gateway can be used with 11.0 Luma Sysnand (meaning red card also) since the card is needed to have access to all features because it's DRM by the GW team. I have 3 different 3ds consoles all on V2 a9lh luma sys 11.0 (no emunand on either of them) and the gateway red card boots on all of them with roms on the card.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks :)

I just don't want to mess my N3DS up, I only have 1...

Can you link me to the section in guide explaining how to remove emunand? I am reading guide now, can't find that section. I clicked link to section 5- removing rednand from sd, but it doesn't link me to that section of guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse