this title is false
OP
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
So, I was thinking about A9LHing my O3DS (Currently running MenuHAX + rxTools) Is there any way that I can back up all my stuff on my EmuNAND and transfer it to Luma3DS?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
So, I was thinking about A9LHing my O3DS (Currently running MenuHAX + rxTools) Is there any way that I can back up all my stuff on my EmuNAND and transfer it to Luma3DS?
Yes. Copy your Nintendo 3ds folder to your desktop and backup your emunand. Place the nintendo 3ds folder back on your sd card and restore your emunand.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can make a emunand and sd card content backup on your pc, install the a9lh normally, then reflash your emunand to your sysnand with hourglass9, and finally reformat the sd card and recopy your files on it.

kje123

this title is false
OP
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
You can make a emunand and sd card content backup on your pc, install the a9lh normally, then reflash your emunand to your sysnand with hourglass9, and finally reformat the sd card and recopy your files on it.

Would this work if my current EmuNAND is rxTools, but I want to use Luma3DS for A9LH?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea the a9lh guide in short is:
1. Get system to 9.2.0-20 [for arm9 exploits i.e. creating red/emunand]
2. Create red[/emu]nand copy of sysNAND
3. Add fbi etc. to rednand and create a .bin backup
4. Downgrade sysNAND to 2.1 [for otp.bin]
5. Get otp.bin and install a9lh
6. Restore backup .bin from above over sysNAND

i.e. nothing lost from backed up rednand/original sysnand.

In your case you already have a rednand so just back that up; go to 2.1; install a9lh then restore the backup.

Last edited by HyperT,

kje123

this title is false
OP
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Okay (Sorry to bump this, I know I'm horrible :P ) I backed up my "Nintendo 3DS" folder, which has my current EmuNAND + SysNAND. Now, do I just proceed with the tutorial, and then just replace the folder with my backup when I'm done? Or is there something else I need to do?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay (Sorry to bump this, I know I'm horrible :P ) I backed up my "Nintendo 3DS" folder, which has my current EmuNAND + SysNAND. Now, do I just proceed with the tutorial, and then just replace the folder with my backup when I'm done? Or is there something else I need to do?
Yes there is. The Nintendo 3DS folder does NOT contain the emunand itself. You need to back it up separately. You can do that with emunand9tool or decrypt9.

kje123

this title is false
OP
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is. The Nintendo 3DS folder does NOT contain the emunand itself. You need to back it up separately. You can do that with emunand9tool or decrypt9.

Yeah, I used Decrypt9 to backup my EmuNAND and SysNAND to a bin file. I'm assuming if I flash that, my old "Nintendo 3DS" folder will work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead