A9LH 11.2.0 N3DS(U) and 11.2.0 N3DS(E) downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by henrytlh, Dec 27, 2016.

1. henrytlh
    OP

henrytlh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    After reading through the Plailect guide and also forumer's comment, can anyone point the correct direction for me? I have read that if we do a region change, we will not be able to access the e-shop anymore.

I have 2 N3DS
    1) A9LH 11.2.0 N3DS (US)
    2) normal 11.2.0 N3DS (E)

Since I don't have one of the four listed DSIware, "DSiWare Downgrade (App Injection and Second 3DS)" seems to be the only way for me. However, the source N3DS (running A9LH US region) has a different region with the target N3DS (normal N3DS EU region). So I would have to do a region change on source N3DS before downgrading the target N3DS.

i) Using the region change guide to change my source N3DS with A9LH to EU region
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Region-Changing

ii) Buy a DSiWare game on the target N3DS (since I've already changed region, I will not be able to access the e-shop so what are the alternatives to this)?

iii) proceed to downgrade following the guide.

any help or suggestion is appreciated!

2. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
  3. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Quoted directly from the region-changing guide:

"After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and any Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!"

4. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    PM'ed you. I have an european n3DS that can do a clean system transfer with whatever DSiWare I choose to modify.

Posghetti likes this.
  5. henrytlh
    OP

henrytlh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Can I use a CIA Europe version of the game to downgrade(app injection) instead of buying it from the E-shop, since I am not able to access the E-shop anymore?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

replied your PM

6. royant1

royant1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2015
    Iceland
    I'm almost in the same situation as you, but EUR A9LH 11.2 and a US 11.0. Would love to hear if you were successful with region change -> system transfer. thanks.