Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

The 3DS I was working on started as a 11.1.0, which I downgraded with the DSiWare exploit.

I made it to the point where I had it on the version 2 firmware, and the guide asks you to restore your NANDmin.bin. I did so, and followed the step that has you go into settings and run the system update.

I did so, but now I cannot use any of the Luma launch commands, so I cannot inject FBI. It seems as if though all of the hacks are now gone and I'm back to stock 11.1.0.

Is there a way I can check to make sure? Any troubleshooting to regain my hack? Can I be overlooking something? I currently have steelhax working and Fieldrunners still let's me launch the exploit.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Yoshimashin,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
At least you still have fieldrunner with the exploit still working. Just downgrade again and remember to choose the (keep a9lh) restore NAND option.

Did you use Hourglass9 to restore or Decrypt9WIP?

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use the downgrade with Field runners, and it does succeed, but using that verifying software it still tells me I'm on 251 instead of 250.

At least you still have fieldrunner with the exploit still working. Just downgrade again and remember to choose the (keep a9lh) restore NAND option.

Did you use Hourglass9 to restore or Decrypt9WIP?

I followed the guide on the github page to a tee. Hourglass9 was used.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always use Hourglass9 to restore NANDs, it will never wipe A9LH. You will have to wait a week to do it again...

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to buy a new copy of Fieldrunners?

It's tied to the NNID which is now linked to the un-hacked console. You will have to call Ninty and have them swap the NNID back to the hacked console to re-download fieldrunners for free. Or yeah just create a new NNID and buy a new one if you don't wanna deal with Ninty.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is what it is I suppose. I'm going to play around with it a bit to see if I can get anything going, but yeah I'll probably need to wait the week.

Thanks, guys!

Best of luck! Stay away from decrypt9 and godmode9 once you install A9LH until you get a hang of things. You can use hourglass9 to inject FBI and set up the system, from there if you ever want to restore a NAND then H9 is your best bet.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone,

The 3DS I was working on started as a 11.1.0, which I downgraded with the DSiWare exploit.

I made it to the point where I had it on the version 2 firmware, and the guide asks you to restore your NANDmin.bin. I did so, and followed the step that has you go into settings and run the system update.

I did so, but now I cannot use any of the Luma launch commands, so I cannot inject FBI. It seems as if though all of the hacks are now gone and I'm back to stock 11.1.0.

Is there a way I can check to make sure? Any troubleshooting to regain my hack? Can I be overlooking something? I currently have steelhax working and Fieldrunners still let's me launch the exploit.

If you did the part where you are on FW 2.1 then you should have an "OTP.bin" inside the "a9lh" on SD root.
If you don't, then I'm sure you have skipped the A9LH step otherwise you wouldn't lost it.
When you were on Part 3, Section II, step 2 did you pressed SELECT or any other key???

The guide uses Hourglass9 to restore the NANDmin.bin and Hourglass9 NEVER overwrites the firm0 and firm1 (deleting A9LH).

If you can launch the Fieldrunners HAX from the unhacked console, just go over it again.
You don't have to wait any time.

Copy all your SD to a backup on PC and then delete everything from it and start from scratch (the DSiware Downgrade part) and then the guide again.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no go. I cannot get the firmware to downgrade to 10.4 again.

EDIT:

Did some searching, and I figured it out. I had to run the 11.1 version, then right after run the 11.0 version. I can downgrade now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1