Gaming A working 4-slot usb multihub for PC?

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Me and my mates really want to plug in our usb joysticks. The problem is that there are only 3 Usb ports on our PC. Our solution to that was to purchase a multihub. Problem with that was that the signals started to get mixed and buggy, so my question is that is there such a thing as a good multihub out there? Did we buy a crappy one? Were the usb controllers not good enough to make it work? =I

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the cheap and cheerful Chinese hubs (which is most of them) are not worth the effort if you plan to do something like this, I am not entirely sure where you would find a proper one these days either; cheap and cheerful works for almost everything (you can stick a mouse, a basic printer and a USB drive and it will all just about function) so not a lot takes the time to do it right.

PCMCIA and PCI cards are still pretty good though and price wise are not that much (most motherboards* ship what many ports now).

*do make sure it is not the case here- I have several motherboards around here that technically support up to around 12 ports but only 6 are on the board itself and the others have to be farmed off (so 2 for the ones on the case and I still have 4 there to go), here it might not be terribly graceful but anything that plugs into it will hopefully get it done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte