Hardware A WiiU that cannot go back from vWii to Wii U?

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is what happened to my friend's WiiU(Japanese version).
After tapping the "start" on the Wii U menu channel, the 12 grey Wii logo boxes flashed and reloaded the vWii SM.
His console is on latest FW, no vWii softmod, and he has never played any Wii games (including Wii disk eshop downloads).

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Unplug, remove clock battery, wait 10 seconds, put everything back together, start Wii U.

Thanks. He can go back to Wii U by resetting anyway.
Now it seems worse. Only data management and Mii channel works. Wii Shop, Manual, System transfer channel all go back to the 12 Wii boxes and to the vWii SM.
I'm afraid that the vWii IOS for NAND loading broke?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd say he should try formatting the system from the Wii U system settings and try that. Of course, he'll lose all game data and saves. If it still doesn't work after that, then send it to repair to Nintendo.

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'd say he should try formatting the system from the Wii U system settings and try that. Of course, he'll lose all game data and saves. If it still doesn't work after that, then send it to repair to Nintendo.

He did, didn't solve the problem. And it's impossible to get an official Wii U repair in China. iQue won't give a crap.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has your friend patched any vIOSs at all? (Not installing cIOSs, patching existing vIOSs)

Also, out of sheer curiosity, what the heck does an iQue Wii U look like? Is it the same as everywhere else, or does it have distinct differences like the "iQue Player"?

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Has your friend patched any vIOSs at all? (Not installing cIOSs, patching existing vIOSs)

Also, out of sheer curiosity, what the heck does an iQue Wii U look like? Is it the same as everywhere else, or does it have distinct differences like the "iQue Player"?

He and the person who sold it did no soft modding at all.
Nobody knows what a iQue Wii U looks like since it does not exist at all now. What I said is that iQue has no Wii U so it cannot repair one. Also, Wii U seems to be very unpopular here so almost no one cares to repair it.

Also, thank you for the facepalm gift.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He and the person who sold it did no soft modding at all.
Nobody knows what a iQue Wii U looks like since it does not exist at all now. What I said is that iQue has no Wii U so it cannot repair one. Also, Wii U seems to be very unpopular here so almost no one cares to repair it.

Also, thank you for the facepalm gift.

Lol well that explains why I couldn't find a picture anywhere, I guess!

Yeah, if it isn't soft/hardmodded, there's not much I can do to help :/ I know shipping is weird in China, but would it be possible to call Nintendo tech support/send it out of country for repairs?...

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
would it be possible to call Nintendo tech support/send it out of country for repairs?...
I can answer that, it's a straight no. Nintendo's limited warranty is only valid in the country of purchase and through authorized service providers. In China that's iQue and if iQue doesn't care, then the user is SOL.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can answer that, it's a straight no. Nintendo's limited warranty is only valid in the country of purchase and through authorized service providers. In China that's iQue and if iQue doesn't care, then the user is SOL.

Hm... Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try contacting iQue, just in case...

Reactions: HNKii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2