A weird but kind of funny glitch in breath of the wild zelda

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by petethepug, Apr 22, 2017.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So I kind of found a glitch in breath of the wild with boats, pretty much your able to take advantage of the physics system to reach up to speeds that would seem
    impossible.

Basically, in a lake of some sort or ocean, get a Korki Leaf and hop on a boat, then attack with the korki leaf. After this stage you would continue to the next animation but if you stop for a brief second and then do it again, you will gain a slight increase in speed until eventually you do it so much you will reach extremely high speeds.

To further increase the speed if for whatever reason you want to go even faster, you can try getting a speed buff which I think will increase your movement speed and attack speed with various weapons.

If you wanted to take it to an even further level you could try to find some armor that increases movement speed. Which may even make weapons become even faster than what regular potions/food offers.

Oh yeah and I haven't tested this yet in the sky with boats, so I guess you could also travel at extremely high speeds with the right setup :P.

Returnofganon likes this.
  2. ElijahZAwesome

ElijahZAwesome GBATemp's official... uh... uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    that sounds funny, could you record a video? even on a phone id like to see that

Returnofganon likes this.
  3. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I will see what I can do :P but i'm sure experimenting in game on the Wii U version or Switch is also do-able.

ElijahZAwesome likes this.
  4. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    What do you mean by stopping? Can you cancel the animation?

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    better to just push the raft with a metal object like a sword or even better a chest and turn it into a speed boat.

6. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Well kind of, you can't cancel the animation but you can keep repeating the 1st attack (almost) every single time.)

How the game is set up is, when you attack you have to keep pressing the attack button in order to do the next combo animation. But if you just press it once and wait for a brief second you will just keep repeating the 1st attack every single time.

Like the axe instead of doing the next turn animation you will just keep on chopping a tree normally with the 1st animation every single time (for the most part.)

Last edited by petethepug, Apr 22, 2017
  7. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I see. Thanks for the clarification.

8. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Np sorry if I was unclear on the 1st post.

9. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I have not even rode a boat in my whole playthrough. Didn't even know there were boats at all.

10. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    That's weird. There are quite a few boats (rafts) around. Sometimes you can even see them on a river moving on their own (due to wind).
    Until somewhat recently I didn't know you can glide in the air while shield surfing. Nor that you can attack while shield surfing (spin attack). Lots of details in this game.

11. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    so... :p1ng:B-) there is a really wild breath?