A way to use normal sd cards in a new 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by orly3, Feb 7, 2016.

?

What do you think?

1. Cool idea!

31.3%
  2. Won't work!

6.3%
  3. Stupid!

56.3%
  4. I've already done it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I just want to click something :)

6.3%
  1. orly3
    OP

orly3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    Has anybody tried using something like this:
    Photo:
    I'm thinking about buying one of those and then if it works, I'm probably going to modify my n3ds to fit the sd-card reader into the gamecard slot.
    Has anybody tested any of those adapters? If so, did it work and what brand was it?
    If nobody has tested anything like this before, I'll buy one and post my results :)

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    If it's an adapter, I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you create an opening for it so you can keep the battery cover on.

Bedel likes this.
  3. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Hmm, interesting idea. Theoretically there's no major reason why it shouldn't work, though you'll need to find one with the ribbon cable arranged in such as way so that the adaptor can be bent and positioned into the game card slot safely.

4. katsup

katsup Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Depending on the price of the adapter, it may be easier to buy a micro sd card.

Not sure about prices in AU, but in the US, micro sd costs only a little more than a normal sd.

5. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Why bothering with that? I paid less than €9 for my 32Gb microSD.

nero99 likes this.
  6. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Even though it's a nice idea, it's kinda unecessary, 32Gb micro SD cards are cheap af

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'm guessing the benefit he's hoping for is being able to remove the sd card without taking the back plate off. Besides that there wouldn't be much point.