Hacking Question A way to Update SysNAND without Burning fuses and keep it clean ?

milkyTommy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, it have a way to Update SysNAND without Burning fuses and keep it clean ?

I want to play online on the future Super Mario Maker 2 with a minimal risk but i dont want burning my fuses ... At this moment, my Sys = 6.2.0 and my Emu = 8.0.1with SX OS. i guess play online with a clean EmuNAND isnt a good option and its impossible to play on 6.2 then ...

what's my options ? i want buy a new switch when a PRO/mini version of switch will be release but we dont have any real date and Mario Maker release on 28 of June ...

ps. Sorry for my bad english :P

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way it is clean NAND is to have a NAND backup before doing any CFW stuffs/Homebrew stuff on it, once you run SX OS on it, it is tainted.

Reactions: NoNAND

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wondering about this. There is a way that you can make it clean, but you really need to be 100% sure about this.

The reason that you dont burn fuses is because you have autorcm enable. But if you update using the Nintendo servers method (Update using the update option), you automatically turn off autorcm mode.

So you need to have a jig on the right joycon rail and once your switch restart, press the volume and power button in order to go to RCM mode and then enable autorcm again.
This is the only way you can update clean and still having your fuses.

Before you try this, wait for other opinions about this and I recommended you to practicice first

Last edited by jajamundo,
Reactions: Powerful

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Supposing your sysnand is clean or you restore a clean sysnand...
Boot into the sx os menu (hold Vol+ while turning on the system) and turn emunand off, then boot custom fw. You are now on the sysnand using cfw. Hold R while clicking on the photo album icon; this will bring you to the homebrew menu. From here, you can use ChoidujourNX to update without burning fuses. You'll need to get the latest firmware from the Internet on your PC and place it on your sd card (can't link to firmware because of copyright) and following a guide to updating with ChoidujourNX .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I always wondering about this. There is a way that you can make it clean, but you really need to be 100% sure about this.

The reason that you dont burn fuses is because you have autorcm enable. But if you update using the Nintendo servers method (Update using the update option), you automatically turn off autorcm mode.

So you need to have a jig on the right joycon rail and once your switch restart, press the volume and power button in order to go to RCM mode and then enable autorcm again.

Before you try this, wait for other opinions about this and I recommended you to practicice first
This will work and be "safer" since you never have to launch cfw, but if you screw it up whatsoever, your fuses will be burned. I guess it depends on how much you'll hate yourself if you screw it up. The system will automatically restart when it's done updating, so you have to be standing by ready to go into RCM. And you can't forget to have a jig on the joycon rail. It's easy to overlook this if you are used to using autorcm. Obviously, you'll also need to hold down Vol+ at boot and be injecting a payload.

Reactions: milkyTommy

milkyTommy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the advice guys ! I'm not sure if I want update my FW or just wait for a new switch ... I hope the new version will be release around the release of SMM 2 :)

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the latest release of atmosphere on your SD card, use hekate with the profile below. This is the closest you can possibly get to using stock while not burning fuses

[Stock All FW]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1

NOTE: autoRCM will not be preserved after you do an update with this so you’ll need to immediately boot into rcm after doing an update with a jig or something before the system has a chance to boot to re-enable it

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

ussj4brolli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I've done and has worked for every update:
What I've done in the past with all updates is saving all of my saves with checkpoint (in emu with sxos), then doing a restore of my switch to the completely untouched raw backup of the fw I am on (cfw never opened on it) and then going online with it once restored, doing the update (8.0.1 this time), back that up (still raw, never opened cfw in it) and then create a new emuNand (8.0.1) and do a save game restore. I've never cared about fuses, so I've never used the fuse program, whatever it's called, because if sxos works with the fw that's all I care about. This has ( so far) kept my switch from being banned. I play online with my official cart of ssb before installing emunand. I Run "things" on emu, and never open cfw on sysnand. I always boot to sysnand with no dogle and do whatever online.

ThePirat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I've done and has worked for every update:
What I've done in the past with all updates is saving all of my saves with checkpoint (in emu with sxos), then doing a restore of my switch to the completely untouched raw backup of the fw I am on (cfw never opened on it) and then going online with it once restored, doing the update (8.0.1 this time), back that up (still raw, never opened cfw in it) and then create a new emuNand (8.0.1) and do a save game restore. I've never cared about fuses, so I've never used the fuse program, whatever it's called, because if sxos works with the fw that's all I care about. This has ( so far) kept my switch from being banned. I play online with my official cart of ssb before installing emunand. I Run "things" on emu, and never open cfw on sysnand. I always boot to sysnand with no dogle and do whatever online.
Hello ussj4brolli, do you need to reinstall all your xci/nsp when you create a new emuNAND after an update?
Thanks

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I do this method, and can confirm it is easy and works. Just make sure it’s a good jig, and you hold volume up exactly when the pop up for 3 seconds starts. Also do not look away during the update as it goes quick. Like I said though it’s very easy.

Reactions: jajamundo

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do this method, and can confirm it is easy and works. Just make sure it’s a good jig, and you hold volume up exactly when the pop up for 3 seconds starts. Also do not look away during the update as it goes quick. Like I said though it’s very easy.
Glad it works for you

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you saying that you insert the RCM dongle and jig during the official update process (before the restart is happened) and keep pressing down the "volume plus" and "power" so when the restart is happening it will boot you to the rcm mode and avoid burning fuses? What if insert the dongle and jig but forget pressing the mentioned buttons or if im late, does it means it will boot to sysNAND and burn the fuses?

Can Nintendo detect if im inserting the rcm dongle and jig during the official update process in sysNAND?

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that you insert the RCM dongle and jig during the official update process (before the restart is happened) and keep pressing down the "volume plus" and "power" so when the restart is happening it will boot you to the rcm mode and avoid burning fuses? What if insert the dongle and jig but forget pressing the mentioned buttons or if im late, does it means it will boot to sysNAND and burn the fuses?

Can Nintendo detect if im inserting the rcm dongle and jig during the official update process in sysNAND?
I insert both while the console is on before I click start update. When I click start update I let it say rebooting in 3 sec and then hold the volume plus button. You don’t need to hold the power button, just press it when you see a black screen being RCM, and know it didn’t reboot. Pressing the power button will boot into whatever CFW you use to install autoRCM again. Yes if done wrong you’ll burn fuses. That means late, pressing the wrong button etc. just make sure you press the volume plus while it shows the reboot screen and you’ll be fine. After you need to reinstall autoRCM.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I insert both while the console is on before I click start update. When I click start update I let it say rebooting in 3 sec and then hold the volume plus button. You don’t need to hold the power button, just press it when you see a black screen being RCM, and know it didn’t reboot. Pressing the power button will boot into whatever CFW you use to install autoRCM again. Yes if done wrong you’ll burn fuses. That means late, pressing the wrong button etc. just make sure you press the volume plus while it shows the reboot screen and you’ll be fine. After you need to reinstall autoRCM.
The thing I wanted to accomplish to never enable autorcm and keep updating my sysnand with this method to avoid burning fuses (ofc it means I should never turn on my console with just a normal power button ever again)..... ok, if im really careful and did everything correct I dont need to ever enable autorcm, is that correct? One of the reason to avoid autorcm is that I want to avoid Nintendos ban hammer since they can detect autorcm, and the second reason because I want to turn my console fully off everytime I dont use it and to never be worried if its in RCM mode by accident etc. (sleep mode etc. is not an option for me).

Am I missing something here?

BTW do you know what will happen if I choose "restart" from Atmosphere/SX OS (latest releases), will it restart to the CFW/emunand or will it boot the sysnand (which ofcourse will use the official bootloader meaning burning fuses)?

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over