Homebrew A way to get "Official" Nintendo Badge Arcarde badges that act as applications?

NGamerCole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hacking that Hylian Shield New 2DS XL, and I'd like to add some badges that work as applications like a badge for the eShop, Settings, Miis, etc.
This guide here
https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-homebrew-development-and-emulators.275/create-thread
was super helpful in getting a bunch of 'legit' versions of badges that aren't like the custom ones. Granted it's missing badges and it's missing the app ones, so I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge on getting my hands these. And if I can't, well that sucks but I'd like to try.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hacking that Hylian Shield New 2DS XL, and I'd like to add some badges that work as applications like a badge for the eShop, Settings, Miis, etc.
This guide here
https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-homebrew-development-and-emulators.275/create-thread
was super helpful in getting a bunch of 'legit' versions of badges that aren't like the custom ones. Granted it's missing badges and it's missing the app ones, so I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge on getting my hands these. And if I can't, well that sucks but I'd like to try.
If you really want the ones that are for launching apps thats out there. You are best to check the arcade game every day. wait till the day is there that those app badges are available. Spend some actual money to get them. and move on.

NGamerCole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want the ones that are for launching apps thats out there. You are best to check the arcade game every day. wait till the day is there that those app badges are available. Spend some actual money to get them. and move on.
True, you are correct that I could do that, but it's not that important to me that I do that. I'm just hacking this 2DS for funsies so was just curious if there's people out there that figured out a method of hacking for them.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
True, you are correct that I could do that, but it's not that important to me that I do that. I'm just hacking this 2DS for funsies so was just curious if there's people out there that figured out a method of hacking for them.
ive seen the odd one for replacing ones you got. But not for adding new ons right to your collection.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
from what I remember when first looking into how badges, when thy first came out, you can make any badge act as a shortcut.
for example, you can make a 'normal' bade act as an eshop shortcut badge.
but I could not make it so that I can open whatever app I want.
so it wasn't possible to make a badge open pokemon sun. -- but maybe people have done work on this and now it is possible?

NGamerCole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I remember when first looking into how badges, when thy first came out, you can make any badge act as a shortcut.
for example, you can make a 'normal' bade act as an eshop shortcut badge.
but I could not make it so that I can open whatever app I want.
so it wasn't possible to make a badge open pokemon sun. -- but maybe people have done work on this and now it is possible?
That sounds pretty sick,
Oooh so I already have this program cause of this person's other thread, but I didn't know there was this other thread that goes into different details. I'll give this a look I appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.