Hacking A way to cheat on SNES and Genesis games

Onceler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way to do it in RPGs is to save your game to SRM and then copy that to your PC and open it with ZSNES and make a save state and then use a save state editor on it, load it back in ZSNES and save to SRM and copy it back to the PSP.
The same thing for Pico Drive except use Kega Fusion.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure a lot of people will find that to be pretty much of a hassle (Well I do at least). It's a lot easier to just learn how to create cheats yourself, which isn't as difficult as some people think it is. Personally I use CheatMaster to make my own codes, though obviously they are not PAR/Game Genie compatible but still works.

Onceler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is is that if you use a cheat code on dragon quest 3 the save game will be erased from SRM. And I don't know how to cheat using the emulator unless it is codes which make it impossible to save.
Pico Drive doesn't even have the option of entering codes. The other lets you enter AR RAW GG codes but no built in cheat finder.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Got any more info on this protection for DQ3? Might be able to whip up a hex edit or disabler code for it, since usually the places that document this sort of protection note the memory areas involved.

It appears to be a checksum based protection. I have found mention of a sram editor that can handle it but the site it was on is dead and I couldn't find any mirrors to download it. You would need to find someone who knows SNES ASM to look through it and crack it.

gshock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
StarPatch can patch GG/PAR codes into ROMs and they can be played on an emulator lacking any cheating functionality with codes/cheats working. There are some it will not work with ( I think ROM patching is fine but RAM patching likely not ). However it's a decent solution if your hardware/emulator doesn't have any cheating capabilities.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
The thing is is that if you use a cheat code on dragon quest 3 the save game will be erased from SRM. And I don't know how to cheat using the emulator unless it is codes which make it impossible to save.
Pico Drive doesn't even have the option of entering codes. The other lets you enter AR RAW GG codes but no built in cheat finder.

I believe PicoDrive lets you cheat with *.pat files. Just a text file with ar codes if I remember correctly.

With SNES9x I just make my own code in zsnes and enter those on the PSP side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it