A Way To Avoid Paypal Fees

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
A surcharge is anything over and above the base cost of an item. How do you NOT class asking the buyer to cover the cost of payment fee as a surcharge?

It's a cost added by paypal, not the seller.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No... if it was a cost added by PayPal then PayPal would invoice it. It is a cost you, the seller, agree to pay to PayPal for being your merchant. It has NOTHING to do with the buyer. If you are asking the buyer to cover it then it is a surcharge.

Anyway this is a pointless argument. You've clearly decided that you're right. If you really want to put it to the test make a listing on ebay stating that you will be asking the buyer to cover the charges you incur from Paypal. I'll report it for violation of terms of service and we'll see what happens, won't we?

Reactions: Maxternal

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
No... if it was a cost added by PayPal then PayPal would invoice it. It is a cost you, the seller, agree to pay to PayPal for being your merchant. It has NOTHING to do with the buyer. If you are asking the buyer to cover it then it is a surcharge.

Anyway this is a pointless argument. You've clearly decided that you're right. If you really want to put it to the test make a listing on ebay stating that you will be asking the buyer to cover the charges you incur from Paypal. I'll report it for violation of terms of service and we'll see what happens, won't we?

If you send a payment with paypal you can either choose to pay the payment fees or you can have it taken out of the total amount you are paying (seller gets slightly less but buyer doesn't incur any extra costs). I don't see why you're failing to understand that.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you SEND money, yes. Not if you MAKE A PAYMENT. There is a big difference.

I've shown you the terms and conditions, where it is written in black and white. And you've just said "yeah actuall no its not". I've explained to you TWICE that we're talking about paying for a product, not transferring money (where you aren't covered by PayPal's buyer protection, for one) and you are still trying to tell me that black is white.

I've given you my offer, already. Let's put it to the test. Put up a listing saying that you are going to invoice the buyer for your paypal fees and we'll see how quickly it's taken down after a complaint is filed. If you're not willing to do that, then case closed.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
If you SEND money, yes. Not if you MAKE A PAYMENT. There is a big difference.

I've shown you the terms and conditions, where it is written in black and white. And you've just said "yeah actuall no its not". I've explained to you TWICE that we're talking about paying for a product, not transferring money (where you aren't covered by PayPal's buyer protection, for one) and you are still trying to tell me that black is white.

I've given you my offer, already. Let's put it to the test. Put up a listing saying that you are going to invoice the seller for your paypal fees and we'll see how quickly it's taken down after a complaint is filed. If you're not willing to do that, then case closed.

A seller invoicing themselves? :rofl2:

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Clearly you knew what I meant. And clearly you're running out of arguments (not that you really ever had one to begin with)... anyway I've edited it now, if that makes you feel better?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or start using bitcoins.
Actually paypal will protect the buyers. If you get ripped off you can do a claim and they will pay.

Actually they wont, and their "support" is an automated system that will spew the same auto-message every time based on keywords.
Disputing a case only works if the person you're disputing gives in, paypal will just kill your case otherwise for "lack of evidence" or some other bullshit excuse.

/had plenty of wonderful experiences and has lot hundreds through paypal

I would NEVER do business through paypal again. Only buying from big name sites like amazon and such these days...too bad paypal is everywhere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you figure out what the fees will be ahead of time? So when you tell the buyer the price, you automatically include it. Unless you are providing multiple ways to pay for said item, i think that'd be ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4