A Way To Avoid Paypal Fees

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys tired of getting $45 instead of the $50 dollars the buyer paid you. Paypal keeps increasing their fees, but I found a way to avoid them. If you sell something for $60, tell your buyer to pay you $20 at a time. If you send or receive $20 or less, paypal will not charge you fees, unless they find out about this workaround and change their policy. So if the buyer sends 3 separate payment of $20, you will get the exact $60. This is useful for those members in the trading forum.

Just try to talk to the buyers and try to spread the news.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Or you could just, you know, ask the buyer to cover the fees.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with this method, the buyer doesn't have to pay extra. And Paypal fees are mandatory unless the method is used

I sent my brother $50 once, and Paypal charged me fees, but today, he sent me $40, but $20 at a time, and no fees were charged

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or start using bitcoins.
Actually paypal will protect the buyers. If you get ripped off you can do a claim and they will pay.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably just sent it as a gift this time - setting it as a transfer to friends or family members negates fees for both parties, but it's not used for transactions as it doesn't include the normal buyer protection plan.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or start using bitcoins.
Actually paypal will protect the buyers. If you get ripped off you can do a claim and they will pay.
Bitcoins price is WAY to unstable. Goes from like 10 to nearly 200 in a little over a month, then back down to like 60, then back up, then down, etc.

@TheCasketMan, you could also (if you're sending it to a friend) send it as a "Gift" (google how to do this), you won't get charged fees. When buying something though, do NOT send as a gift, if you do, you cannot dispute it with PayPal should the seller decide not to send your merchandise.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tend to send as gift to trustworthy people. If someone has no feedback, or little feedback. I usually eat, or they eat the fees.

Exactly this.

People that are trustworthy/have a good feedback/are known members, I send money as a gift.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's against the terms of service.

Besides which any seller asked me to cover their fees I'd tell them to sling their hook. Fees are a seller's issue, not a buyer's

Against terms of service? wtf are you talking about? How is asking someone to cover fees against terms of service?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Against terms of service? wtf are you talking about? How is asking someone to cover fees against terms of service?

from PayPal's terms of service :

4.5 Non discouragement. In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterise or disparage PayPal as a payment method(1). You agree that you will only surcharge for the use of PayPal in compliance with any law applicable to you(2). You further agree that if you do charge a buyer any form of surcharge that you, and not PayPal, will inform the buyer of the requested charge. PayPal has no liability to any buyer where you have failed to inform the buyer of any surcharge. You acknowledge that if you are permitted to surcharge and your further fail to disclose any form of surcharge to a buyer this may constitute a criminal offence by you.

Point 1 - You are not allowed to make PayPal a 'less attractive option'
Point 2 - You must not add surcharges for paying with PayPal unless you are legally obliged to do so.

That's how

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
from PayPal's terms of service :

Point 1 - You are not allowed to make PayPal a 'less attractive option'
Point 2 - You must not add surcharges for paying with PayPal unless you are legally obliged to do so.

That's how

Asking buyer to cover the transfer fees is not against the terms of service.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
We're clearly talking about payment fees, not transfer fees.

Yes I confused transfer and payment. Well done.

"Point 2 - You must not add surcharges for paying with PayPal unless you are legally obliged to do so."

Asking the buyer to cover the cost of the payment fee is not adding a surcharge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi