Not open for further replies.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay first of all if you have the homebrew channel installed, UNINSTALL IT, as of now that is a death trap for your wii. Most likely the mod chips will begin to fail with the next wii system update. Who knows what nintendo will do, but if you must try this then you should wait till something more reliable is out. Nintendo is not stupid people, they will find a way to stop most mods if not all. This is just warning I can't guarantee that all of this will happen but most of it will.

Please do not read on see page 7

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed it a couple of days ago...I'll wait till a update comes out and peoples experience with it, before I do anything.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I don't plan to update my Wii anymore. Simple as that. My Wii has been offline since I dabbled in homebrew and wads. Nintendo can do what they like.

xboxinoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow... I'm really scared now! Best be safe... I won't ever plug my Wii in again! Thanks for the warning!
huh.gif

Now seriously... go away and get some credibility before you try and scaremonger these forums...

[Edit] I also see you're only 15 years old according to your profile, hardly likely to be a senior employee of Nintendo or anything!

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I scared all of you but do I need a source it's pretty obvious what's taking so long for the next update its gonna be humongous update that will probably disable everything you've done to your wii, but if they really want to be mean they will probably disconnect you from wiiconnect24.

Yes it is true that i'm young and you would think that I wouldn't know alot about this stuff but I do and to prove it when the new update comes out I guarantee their will be at least one new feature for the wii, maybe sd hc who knows but gaming companies usually do that to make the updates seem less useless, to prove that look back at the PSP.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sjones900 said:
sorry I scared all of you but do I need a source it's pretty obvious what's taking so long for the next update its gonna be humongous update that will probably disable everything you've done to your wii, but if they really want to be mean they will probably disconnect you from wiiconnect24.
Just because an update takes long doesn't mean stuff have to be developed
Example: Wiikey

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, yes. People usually don't believe a word about their beloved consoles unless they see a true source like Nintendo website or people who have experienced it.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Obviously this is all hearsay by the original poster. But as a general rule there is risk involved when doing anything with a product the manufacturer doesn't intend or approve of.

Nintendo may or may not do something against homebrew and piracy. That's something you accept when you start playing around with the system.

There's no need to jump out of a window and uninstall things, but just be aware of what you're doing.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to remind everyone, especially the OP, that there are a lot of "obvious" things, which are also untrue.

For example, it's obvious that the air isn't actually made up of anything, it's just empty space, because if you look at it, it's obvious that there isn't anything there, i mean, can you see anything there? I sure can't. It's obviously not there.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're entitled to your opinion and all, but you have to expect us to try to discredit it. After all who knows how many people would take your baseless dribble as gospel, if we didn't.

The sky may very well be falling, but without any sort of logical basis beyond the inevitable "Nintendo will fight piracy" argument, you just seem kind of paranoid. Enjoy your tin foil hat while we enjoy our systems to their full potential. Perhaps one day you'll be able to say “I told you so” and die a happy man.

Oh, welcome to the Internet btw.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm trying to say is be cautious. I'm not trying to get to an "I told you so"

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has better things to do.

Not only would it generate a ton of bad press....which is the reason no company has actively tried to brick systems ever.

But you are talking about a drive mod here....not exactly easy to take out.

Sorry buddy, I'd never say never....but odds are Nintendo won't take anything but defensive action.

Everyone needs to take off their tin foil hats.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrQuack02 said:
Nintendo has better things to do.

Not only would it generate a ton of bad press....which is the reason no company has actively tried to brick systems ever.

But you are talking about a drive mod here....not exactly easy to take out.

Sorry buddy, I'd never say never....but odds are Nintendo won't take anything but defensive action.

Everyone needs to take off their tin foil hats.
Might not do anything about drive mods, but notice the topic name is "homebrew"
They might release an update that fixes the Twilight Hack, and remove all the channels installed by it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse