Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, some would remember this interview with Charles Martinet
Voice of Mario Wants A Waluigi-Centric Game

cm_big.jpg

Mario's name has appeared on the cover of hundreds of games. His brother, Luigi, has even stepped into the spotlight with his own title, "Luigi's Mansion." Even Mario's fattest foe, Wario, has two separate series that bear his name, the long running "WarioWare" mini-game collections, and the under-appreciated "Wario Land" games. However, the man that voices all of these characters would love to see another, even more rotten member of the Mushroom Kingdom take center stage for once: Waluigi.

Speaking to me last week at an exclusive pre-release "Super Mario Galaxy 2" gathering for Club Nintendo members at the Nintendo World Store, Charles Martinet told me that, although Mario is his favorite Nintendo character, he also loves Luigi and Waluigi. Going so far as to say that he'd "love to see a Waluigi game where you have to cheat to win, ya know. That would be funny." He continued, in Waluigi's voice, saying, "Waaa Everybody's cheating but me!"

Best known as Wario's lanky accomplice, Waluigi getting his own game might be a bit of a long shot. While it isn't unprecedented for Nintendo to release games that don't star plumbers (see: "Super Princess Peach"), one would hope that Bowser might be able to land his own title first. The closest he's gotten was a shared stage with M&L in "Bowser's Inside Story.
Source

It got me thinking. How about a 2D platformer where it's the main 4 (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi) and it's a race to the end in most matches. You play as Waluigi. Throughout the whole match though, Waluigi can never make it to first place to reach the goal first. So before each race, you have to place traps at random spots throughout the level, and then during the race you travel between the foreground and the background in order to activate these traps and slow your opponent. Thus you can get Waluigi to the goal first.

It works I guess. It has cheating and Waluigi as the main character. What more could you want?

I'm still working on the story though. Will edit this post with my result.

Opinions?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
ShadowSoldier said:
I'd just like a platformer where you go around stealing stuff like Wario. BUT... Luigi is the last boss
biggrin.gif

Too much like Wario World. It has to be original

QUOTE(Rydian @ Nov 17 2010, 05:32 PM) http://www.yoyogames.com/make

Go for it, bro.
Thanks, but I'm not the best at Game Maker. Last thing I did with it was a game called Pac-Maze. Wasn't too bad considering I was in Year 7. I hate the music now, you might want to must your speakers if you play it.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
ShadowSoldier said:
8BitWalugi said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I'd just like a platformer where you go around stealing stuff like Wario. BUT... Luigi is the last boss
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah because you know Mario Games are all original from one another.
Luigi's Mansion compared to Mario Sunshine.
One had you vacuuming up ghosts, the other had you cleaning graffiti.

Now how are they the same?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PERSONALLY... i find waluigi to be the most unnecessary addition to the Mario team. Im not a huge Wario fan either. Wario is ok and at least has his stake in the universe of mario games with his 4 platforming games and Warioware. But for a Waluige games? He simply appears in Mario party and Kart lol

I dont know. I wouldnt buy it.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
BortzANATOR, I do not agree... Kids always like him (ok... kids use to like michael jackson too
laugh.gif
)... anyways, he is very popular with children, so I think that a children game will achieve success...

Now, a elaborated game, for kids and adults, will not have great impact, because we, the old players, have no identification at all with waluigi... I remember that when I was 12, I hated Mario Kart 64 because it had a strange new driver (wario)...

PS.: After 3 or 4 races, I became a fan of mario kart 64
tongue.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Why not just have a game as hard as I Wanna Be the Guy, and if you can't pass it you can go into an in-game Action Replay parody with all these different cheats that you unlock by playing the game.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
ShadowSoldier said:
8BitWalugi said:
ShadowSoldier said:
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah because you know Mario Games are all original from one another.
Luigi's Mansion compared to Mario Sunshine.
One had you vacuuming up ghosts, the other had you cleaning graffiti.

Now how are they the same?

You had a device on your back with an attached hose that you had to use for the entirety of the game (I didn't play them but I know they were something like this, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ran on the same engine)

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
How about a 2D platformer where it's the main 4 (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi) and...
NO! 4 Main = Mario, Luigi, Princess, Bowser (Or toad if just good guys).

Whoever told you the 4 main include Wario and Waluigi was LIEINGGGGGGGGGGGG.
angry.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Bunie said:
8BitWalugi said:
How about a 2D platformer where it's the main 4 (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi) and...
NO! 4 Main = Mario, Luigi, Princess, Bowser (Or toad if just good guys).

Whoever told you the 4 main include Wario and Waluigi was LIEINGGGGGGGGGGGG.
angry.gif
I see the main 4 as those guys. Jeez... In case you can't tell though I am a Waluigi fan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1