A Wacky Story

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Kokorazashi, Jul 5, 2008.

Jul 5, 2008

A Wacky Story by Kokorazashi at 7:35 PM (1,502 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Kokorazashi
    OP

Member Kokorazashi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok, so here's how it goes:

I came at a friends house for a party, bringing my DS, among other things. So it works, and I play for a bit before handing it over to someone else to play for a while. When he booted up Pokemon Diamond, it crashed and so I decided to take a look at it. I re-booted the DS and it said SD/TF Card Red Error. So my first instinct was to take my Micro SD card out and put it back in. After that, it gave me the same error. I tried again, and what do you know? The same thing happened! After several tries, I noticed that something was wrong. Luckily for me, there was someone else with exactly the same flash cart. So I asked if I could try put my Micro SD card into his M3 Simply, and then it didn't read either.

So I decided that the SD card was the problem, so I handed it over to another guy so he could take a look at it. And for some reason, it ended up in his phone! Now why he would think of doing that is beyond me. He apparently thought that because they were roughly the same size that it could fit. So I tried to take it out, and guess what? It got jammed in there. So now I got no SD card for my M3 Simply. I'm thinking of buying a new one, seeing as there is no other clear way of getting it out of the guy's phone or trying to fix it if I get it out somehow.

I found a good offer for £8.90 ($17.65) for a 4GB Micro SD card, and seeing as I don't have anything in mind of getting at the moment, I suppose I could give some money up for a new SD Card. What do you guys think I should do?

2. teH XeRO

Member teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

United States
    let it stay in the guy's phone, it was bad anyway lol (although a possible reformat could have worked, but for some reason I'm leaning towards that it was going bad).

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, story is a bit Wacky, but......getting an microSD with 4GB capacity won't work with M3 Simply......
    Simply isn't SDHC compatible.....

4. Kokorazashi
    OP

United Kingdom
    Oh ok then, should I just get another 2GB off Amazon UK for like £3.75 + £2.00 shipping off the official website and not off user sellers?

5. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, yes you should be fine with 2 GB card, you may also want to consider getting a new flashcart, as M3 Simply is getting a bit outdated....(I mean, there's no need for replacing it if it still works, but if you have some spare money on your hands, grab yourself a M3 Real, or maybe CycloDS from DealExtreme, as Simply isn't being updated anymore, and doesn't have SDHC support) it's just a suggestion.....
    But if you decide not to get another cart, yeah 2 GB card would do the trick!
    Amazon is a good place to get it, maybe someone will have some better suggestion though!

6. Kokorazashi
    OP

United Kingdom
    I was thinking of getting a new cart but I don't want to waste money just for a few new updates, it's a bit impractical, but I see what you're saying. Thanks for the info anyway.

7. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well it's not just about few updates, but more because you'll be unable to play more and more newer games that are released (they'll probably just hang, freeze or show white/black screens)..
    I have M3 Simply, but my girlfriend is using it now...I think it's a great cart, it was really hard for me to part from it, but I used benefits of SDHC with my M3 Real, as I really need capacity for movies and everything!

8. Kokorazashi
    OP

United Kingdom
    I see what you're saying and I agree, it's just that it's not really needed at the moment. I understand how it is to change, because at first, I had a G6 and it went fine until Zelda PH came out, which just hanged, so I upgraded to the M3 Simply, there might not be any big named titles at the moment which aren't compatible with the M3 Simply.

9. gunstarblue

Newcomer gunstarblue Member

Sweden
    Reminds me of when I was on a trip and played Children of Mana. It suddenly froze, so I rebooted my DS with (at the time) the M3 Simply, and it said it couldn't find _SYSTEM_ or something! No more DS on that trip.

When I got home, I popped it into my USB reader, and the card was _completely empty_, although it said it was almost full. I had to reformat, and I'll never use that CoM Rom again [​IMG]

10. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I copy my card contents to my PC every now and then. Losing that complete Ouendan save would piss me off.

Anyway, if you ever get that card back(LOL), try it in your PC. If that doesn't work try a camera or a phone. The card might be dead(I had that happen too), but it might just be corrupted and formattable.

11. gangsterboi

Member gangsterboi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The same thing happened with my G6, i was using it and it suddenly froze. I turned of my ds then turned it on and it said no system folder found and ran the miniloader. Then i put it in my computer to put all of the files back onto it and after one mp3 file it said the disk was full even though it only had over 1mb of memory put onto it. It took me 7 reformats on my ds to get it to work normally. And every since, i've never had that problem.

12. gunstarblue

Newcomer gunstarblue Member

Sweden
    That's what I thought. Luckily I found some restore program for my PC, which could backup my saves from the corrupt SD card.

13. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got a link or name for that?

14. Kokorazashi
    OP

United Kingdom
    So I got it back after the guy got it out with twezers, and I had to format, good thing for that, because I was considering getting a new Micro SD and Flash Cart. Thank God GBAtemp has all the firmwares and everything.