A Very Elaborate Game Boy Color

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I came upon a GB Bridge, a Flash2Advance card, its USB, as well as some other Visoly devices as I mentioned in another thread. I thought it would be a good chance to get some rare collectibles but also a way to play Game Boy Color games on my Game Boy Player without having to order an EverDrive. To my dismay, when they arrived I found that the gap in the GB Bridge, while wide enough to accommodate the pack panel of a Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Advance SP, was unfortunately not wide enough to fit around the bottom of a Game Boy Player. I considered modifying the GB Bridge or Game Boy Player, but then came up with the idea of using a GameShark as an adapter instead. I ordered one online and it arrived today. It worked!

I present to you my VEGBC (Very Elaborate Game Boy Color) -

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Last edited by machinoman,

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hell is that monster in the middle of the desk?
Ah that's an OSSC sitting on top of an HDMI switch of the same size. For some reason the OSSC won't recognize a signal coming directly from my GCHD, but with that switch in the middle it works wonderfully. The OSSC takes the 240p signal and makes it 720p, so I can see those advanced Game Boy graphics with crystal clarity.

Reactions: Jayro and zfreeman

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my display, when they arrived I found that the gap in the GB Bridge, while wide enough to accommodate the pack panel of a Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Advance SP, was unfortunately not wide enough to fit around the bottom of a Game Boy Player. I considered modifying the GB Bridge or Game Boy Player

That's unusual because I just double checked and my GB Bridge fits perfectly in my GB Player. Perhaps yours is a later/newer model? Based on the SD Gecko, I presume you're using GBI. Are you using the built-in flashing software or using Pogobridge? I really like the setup, although personally I prefer a Gamecube controller.

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unusual because I just double checked and my GB Bridge fits perfectly in my GB Player. Perhaps yours is a later/newer model? Based on the SD Gecko, I presume you're using GBI. Are you using the built-in flashing software or using Pogobridge? I really like the setup, although personally I prefer a Gamecube controller.
I don't know, that's weird. I just tried it again and it won't quite fit for me. Its a DOL 017, and the GB Bridge doesn't quite fit even with no card and some light bending, although I am hesitant to push it too far.
I'm using your unofficial Pogoshell by the way. Well done. I like it much better than the default and it goes perfectly with FAS1 on the DS for when I don't feel like breaking out the USB which I keep wrapped up in its plastic container.

5.png

Edit: Oops. I tried it again again and it does fit, quite snugly. Oh well, lol. I'll find some use for this thing yet.

machinoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my setup a bit and I am very happy with the results. I switched out the GCVideo solution in favor of RGB SCART, and had to get a PAL Gamecube to make that work. Extrems had apparently added an option for 360p, which is better than the 240p limitation of the GCVideo DVI solutions. Long story short, using a SCART cable, a modified OSSC firmware, and a picture mode on my TV called "TheaterWide 3", I am able to get a fullscreen (at least vertically) picture for Game Boy Color games.

gbc2.jpg

It is also kind of nice that for the SCART version I don't have to mess with the settings in OSSC at all. Now I am going to force myself to play some games and stop being so picky about the image quality because I have crawled far enough down the rabbit hole at this point. I think I might play that Pokemon Crystal Clear thing thats apparently pretty legit.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-braddu-pitchu-to-sega.652429/ my l ast thread befoe I die (maybe)