A variety of Xbox 360 games are getting unknown updates prior to tomorrow's Xbox 20th anniversary event

Xbox-Logo-2010.jpg

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the Microsoft Xbox, and with that special date comes an anniversary stream from the Xbox team, celebrating everything from the past two decades. Curiously, some Xbox games from the past two decades have gotten some mysterious patches prior to the live stream event. Titles like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fable Anniversary, Fable 3, Dead Space 1 and 3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion have all gotten new updates, which don't appear to add anything immediately noticeable. These weird unknown updates might be a part of tomorrow's reveals, though, so be sure to tune in to the Xbox stream tomorrow at 10am PT/5pm GMT.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was wondering why Bethesda stuff was getting updates (Fable has long had random holiday and whatnot updates) but then remembered MS own them these days.

Anyway curious to see what goes here.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very curious.
Kind of hoped, prior to reading, that it may be a decommissioning of the Gold subscription requirement for online play on older hardware... but as all the titles mentioned are essentially single player I think we can rule that out.
I can still live in hope that one day they won't make me pay to play MvC2 online.

I might fire up my 360 and boot up Fallout 3 just to see how big of a patch we're talking about.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Would love some more backwards compat stuff with extra performance or graphics. Was playing Saints Row the other day on my Series S and it looks WAY better than it ever could on a regular 360. I love the Series S for that feature alone

Reactions: Minox and adamsef

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Would love some more backwards compat stuff with extra performance or graphics. Was playing Saints Row the other day on my Series S and it looks WAY better than it ever could on a regular 360. I love the Series S for that feature alone

We need mechassault 2 with mod tools... Grinder is a fun survival mode but those maps are just too small and the longest I've survived is 2 hours on River city. But the gameplay was barebones combined arms.

Reactions: Kioku

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
probably are patching them to add them to backwards compatibility with enhancement stuff like higher resolution and fps or something.

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
probably are patching them to add them to backwards compatibility with enhancement stuff like higher resolution and fps or something.
They have actually slowly changed some in game dialogue and story text from time to time while removing some older features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup