A/V selector

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Magus19, May 28, 2007.

May 28, 2007

A/V selector by Magus19 at 7:28 PM (1,005 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Magus19
    OP

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm looking for an audio video selector to switch consoles on the fly. I have one with 4 outputs but I'm looking for a bigger one with at least 8 outputs but 10 would be best. I don't want to put two togetter because of the loss of quality. I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything so if you have one or saw one only please tell me, Thanks!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Multiple devices on one TV I take it (your use of the word output confused me).

Assuming standard definition and you not being willing to make your own I suggest a scart switching box, this is one of those get what you pay for areas both in terms of quality and features: more expensive have either (limited) auto switching or add another remote to the collection.

10 outputs places you squarely in professional range with a professional pricetag to boot (an entry level 10 way will run you about 3 times that of a really nice 4 way). I am not familiar with Canadian shops/websites so I do not know how much justice I can do this.

Here is a 6 input:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...rce=14&doy=28m5

If you are willing to up the ante a bit a media "hub" should also work:
    http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr5966.html

To be fair though it might just be easier in the long haul to swap by hand and use any video/dvd player/recorder inputs for consoles while saving the TV for the DVD player and stuff like that.

3. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Fast, do these A/V switchers have any effect on quality?

4. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I got some A/V Selector from Blockbuster -- Can't remember who made it, but it's a 6 or 7 system input, and there's been ZERO quality loss [​IMG] It's excellent if you have tons of AV hookups! - Was only $20