A touch of cloth

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by FAST6191, Sep 28, 2012.

Sep 28, 2012

A touch of cloth by FAST6191 at 10:17 PM (425 Views / 2 Likes) 4 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15IRXKn9LSU

Discuss (it is a proper TV show- two episodes out so far although it makes a complete story). That is but a fraction of what happens in the main show, I would say it is probably best to have seen at least one UK police procedural (quite possibly a touch of frost which the name is something of a jab at) but I imagine most around here will be able to appreciate it.

So as not to make a short post- this show amuses me almost no end and after the eventual disappointment of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace it was only Lesbian Vampire Killers that made me laugh like this and I had not seen much like it since. I really must remember to check out some of Charlie Brooker's other fiction stuff (I still have not watched dead set).

Short version- the pun crowd around here needs to see this pronto.

2 people like this.
  2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    I'm working on a murder mystery show called "Spanking The Monkey" and already have a spin off "Extracting The Urine"

1 person likes this.
  3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I don't know, the plot seems pretty threadbare to me.

That trailer was actually pretty great, but there's something I have to know first. FAST, the "eventual disappointment" of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace that you mentioned... please tell me that's only the realization that the show ends. Right?

4. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Got another video that showcases things a bit more, perhaps a bit spoilery but nothing too drastic (full screen and a higher than standard res would do well)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGDEpFzV-4

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.... it feels like when I tried very hard to like Monster Hunter but failed- on the face of it the whole thing would probably be the perfect storm of things I like (I went out of my way to get actual DVD releases of red dwarf and blackadder and I have read Terry Pratchett since I could just about understand the language) but I was underwhelmed by the whole thing (no hype going into it either). Granted it is not quite as bad as the monster hunter thing as that almost actively turned me off, this said I have face a similar problem with a lot of recent UK comedy (IT crowd I can ignore although I should note http://www.theregister.co.uk/data_centre/bofh/ exists which probably did that).

5. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    out of all the puns you miss that?