A total Rip-Off in Indonesian Gaming Society

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Raestloz, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008
  1. Raestloz
    OP

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Surely you must have known or at least heard about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, released in 2004.

Just like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, a company named Funky Games, specialized in writing Guides, published a Guide for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there's a few odd words in it, like: a fire, referred by the writer as an actual fire, while it should be a gunshot. Tons are defined as ton(weight) in plural, while it should be defined as many.

I actually bought it, and it's pretty damn good, despite some odd writings, and I suspect this is an online guide translated.

Much to my surprise, just 2 mins ago, when I opened IGN.com browsing, and looking at the top-wanted cheat: GTA:San Andreas, I read the first sentences and WTF? It's the English Version of the exact words in the Guide I bought 4 years ago!!!!

In IGN, it's like this:

Ask any Indonesian that is pretty fluent in English, or ask somebody who is pretty fluent in Indonesia, and they'll say the last paragraph is the translation of the first paragraph.

Damn, I was fooled, buying something provided for free, and I was happy to buy it........

I'm ashamed I'm an Indonesian, never have I suspected the piracy in this country is this bad.......

2. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Why in god's name would they rip off IGN...?

3. Raestloz
    OP

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Easy oney, that's what they're after, I'm sure of it, a translation won't cost you much, $5 and the whole GTA: SA Guide in IGN is in Indonesian, those bastards, if only I can prove they're just translating, and then... slowly make their company crumble. They even took the images. Everything is an exact translation of IGN's guide [​IMG] not even one word is different, the basics, controls, secrets, cheats.....

Even a pirated program has a crack included inside the CD, somebody actually did something (looking for the crack), but this..... this is insanity [​IMG]

4. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Secondworld countries usually do get ripped off like that because they assume that their consumers are even bigger retards than those who live in Europe/America.

They do the same thing here. They download games off the internet and then sell them.

There's even a whole company dedicated to that here in egypt called Gamevalley.
    Someone should sue, but no one does.

5. OrcMonkey©

Banned OrcMonkey© Banned

why does no one use it

6. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I was the first to have the bacon ribbon in my sig and be happy you guys make killer kreteks

7. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    ...what?