A total Rip-Off in Indonesian Gaming Society

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Surely you must have known or at least heard about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, released in 2004.

Just like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, a company named Funky Games, specialized in writing Guides, published a Guide for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there's a few odd words in it, like: a fire, referred by the writer as an actual fire, while it should be a gunshot. Tons are defined as ton(weight) in plural, while it should be defined as many.

I actually bought it, and it's pretty damn good, despite some odd writings, and I suspect this is an online guide translated.

Much to my surprise, just 2 mins ago, when I opened IGN.com browsing, and looking at the top-wanted cheat: GTA:San Andreas, I read the first sentences and WTF? It's the English Version of the exact words in the Guide I bought 4 years ago!!!!

In IGN, it's like this:

QUOTE said:
So GTA: Vice City wasn't enough for you, huh? Wanted a bigger challenge, did you? Need to play an almost unlimited amount of Grand Theft Auto? Well, Rockstar has answered your prayers. With breadth and scope surpassing anything on the PS2, San Andreas is not only great... it's enormous! What exactly are you in for? Read on...

In the Guide, it's like this: (In Indonesian, of course. Maybe Google can translate it, but dunno. If it can, the text should look pretty similar with IGN's)
QUOTEJadi GTA: Vice City belum cukup untuk kamu? Kamu ingin tantangan yang lebih besar? Jika benar begitu kamu harus memainkan sebuah game Grand theft Auto yang nyaris hampir tanpa batas, dan Rockstar telah menjawab permintaan kamu. Dengan cakupan yang meluas dan melampaui apa yang ada di PS2, GTA: San Andreas bukan hanya hebat.... tetapi luar biasa! Untuk apa sebenarnya ada berada disini? Bacalah kelanjutannya

Ask any Indonesian that is pretty fluent in English, or ask somebody who is pretty fluent in Indonesia, and they'll say the last paragraph is the translation of the first paragraph.

Damn, I was fooled, buying something provided for free, and I was happy to buy it........

I'm ashamed I'm an Indonesian, never have I suspected the piracy in this country is this bad.......

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Easy oney, that's what they're after, I'm sure of it, a translation won't cost you much, $5 and the whole GTA: SA Guide in IGN is in Indonesian, those bastards, if only I can prove they're just translating, and then... slowly make their company crumble. They even took the images. Everything is an exact translation of IGN's guide
mad.gif
not even one word is different, the basics, controls, secrets, cheats.....

Even a pirated program has a crack included inside the CD, somebody actually did something (looking for the crack), but this..... this is insanity
mad.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Secondworld countries usually do get ripped off like that because they assume that their consumers are even bigger retards than those who live in Europe/America.

They do the same thing here. They download games off the internet and then sell them.

There's even a whole company dedicated to that here in egypt called Gamevalley.
Someone should sue, but no one does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1