Hacking A tool to "save" saves?

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there!
I'm not good at how everything with the DS work.
I got a M3 DS Simply and are (was) playing FFCC RoF.
Now that I loaded my game, the loadscreen blinked, threw me back to startscreen and now my savefile is gone, I can only start a new game.
Thank god I wasn't that far. But now I wonder

Is there anything you can install on your M3 that backups my savefile evertime I save without having to plug my memory card into the PC?

My brother had the same error while playing Zelda on his R4, his savefile was all of a sudden gone.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
One way to backup your save is to go into the game menu, set it to show the .sav files, find your sav, and press the A button. It will back it up into a .bak file. If you lose your save, just select the .bak file, hit a, and it will turn it back into a .sav file. There are no programs that back them up for you, however rememver to back the saves up to your computer.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sylux92 said:
There are no programs that back them up for you, however rememver to back the saves up to your computer.

not quite true

trolleyguy's R4 Commander will backup saves for you

Guat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You can just copy the save files using DSOrganize and then paste them on a backup folder on the micro card, you can paste them back in the original place if anything happens.

DSOrganize is the best thing on my DS right now, i really love this thing.

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guat said:
You can just copy the save files using DSOrganize and then paste them on a backup folder on the micro card, you can paste them back in the original place if anything happens.

DSOrganize is the best thing on my DS right now, i really love this thing.

Ah thanks , gonna try that one if I can find it.

And Yes, I have a M3, it's my brother that has a R4, sorry if I was unclear about that.

Now to a followup question: Is it normal that savefiles get deleted just like that?

Guat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't think so, however i'm using an DSTT card and i don't have an M3 so i'm not sure how common that might be on a M3.

At first i though your problem could be related to a bad micro card, but it's strange that only save files are getting deleted, anyhow it could just be a fluke, but if it keeps happening i would suggest to try another micro-sd brand.

Oh btw, here you can find DSOrganize.
http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

I'ts basically an app that turns your DS into a PDA, you can browse and edit your files from the menu without having to plug the card in the PC, it's really a godsend for editing cfg's, renaming and backing up files. You can also create folders of delete files from there, and it's very easy to use.

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guat said:
I don't think so, however i'm using an DSTT card and i don't have an M3 so i'm not sure how common that might be on a M3.

At first i though your problem could be related to a bad micro card, but it's strange that only save files are getting deleted, anyhow it could just be a fluke, but if it keeps happening i would suggest to try another micro-sd brand.

I'ts basically an app that turns your DS into a PDA, you can browse and edit your files from the menu without having to plug the card in the PC, it's really a godsend for editing cfg's, renaming and backing up files. You can also create folders of delete files from there, and it's very easy to use.

Will it work with my M3 Simply then?

Guat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, it should work as long as you have the latest firmware installed on your M3, there should be no problem running most homebrew applications on your DS if you have it. The M3 is a very good card.

If you don't have it you should go to the manufacturer website and download it.

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guat said:
Yeah, it should work as long as you have the latest firmware installed on your M3, there should be no problem running most homebrew applications on your DS if you have it. The M3 is a very good card.

If you don't have it you should go to the manufacturer website and download it.

Yeah ok thanks, gonna try it out now, I got the 1.12 M3 (1.13 being the newest, gonna get that at the same time)

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guat said:

Ok now I continue in this thread.

So I downloaded that program , it's said "Require DLDI-patching" . Now what's that?
Anyho, I put the folder and the DSorganize.nds on my card.
Now it works to copy the .sav , but I tried to launch FFCC RoF through DSorganize, and now it doesn't work at all.
It said something about "Attempting to launch...."
Now I can't start the game the normal way either.

What have I done wrong?
(I can just replace the game on my card and continue playing, but it would be nice to get the DSorganizer to work at 100%)

Guat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thats one of the flaws on DSOrganizer, sometime somethings don't launch at all, i just use it to edit the files and for the other features, but usually i just launch my applications/games the normal way.

Sadly, i read yesterday that DSOrganizer is not going to be updated anymore, so don't expect a fix for those problems.

However i find it weird that you can't launch the game the normal way after getting the launch error on DSOrganizer, never had that happened to me before.

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guat said:
Thats one of the flaws on DSOrganizer, sometime somethings don't launch at all, i just use it to edit the files and for the other features, but usually i just launch my applications/games the normal way.

Sadly, i read yesterday that DSOrganizer is not going to be updated anymore, so don't expect a fix for those problems.

However i find it weird that you can't launch the game the normal way after getting the launch error on DSOrganizer, never had that happened to me before.

I tested so it wasn't the .sav that got broken when I try to run with DSorganize, but it's the .nds that gets broken.

Dear Joan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sylux92 said:
DSOrganize is not menat to launch commercial ROMS, and it has never been able to. And don't worry about DLDI, r4/m3simply takes care of the patching automatically.

Ok thanks, I'll just use DSorganize to copy my saves to a backupfolder then and launch the games the classic way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: